Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint  » Cosmetics  »
  • All of them have their own advantages and disadvantages
  • I thought it'd look fake and cheap when applied
  • I use a balm over it to smoothen it out but it doesn't resolve the problem of its short staying power

• by vivichatterbox

If you’ve ever watched Korean Dramas and couldn’t help but notice how they get that pretty pinched-cheek look and light kissable pink lips, then you probably have gone crazy searching for that perfect lip and cheek tint like me.

I’ve been using lip and cheek tint for years now, and I’ve tried so many popular products like The Body Shop’s lip and Cheek tint. I’ve tried ones that came in wand form, roll on form, gel form and cream stick form. All of them have their own advantages and disadvantages.

I recently got to try Etude house’s Fresh Cherry Tint, which is just one of the many types of Tints they have. It comes

in 3 shades no. 1 is red, 2 is pink and 3 is peach. I was able to try no. 1 and 2. But what really caught my attention was no. 2 (pink).

The Fresh cherry tint in red was okay, but it wasn’t that special compared to other lip and cheek tints. It gives you that typical rosy coloured lips and cheeks you get from other red coloured tints. When I tried Fresh Cherry Tint in shade 2 which is pink, at first I was kinda sceptical since the creamy tint was neon pink. I thought it’d look fake and cheap when applied. However, when I applied it to my cheeks, it ...

• gave the hue I really wanted to achieve. The kind of pink seen in most Korean series’ heroines. I applied it on my lips as well, and voilà, I finally got that pale pink lip colour I’ve always wanted to try.

The tint comes in a creamy consistency, which makes it perfect for cheek use. It makes blending so much easier, preventing you from creating those ghastly streaks common with traditional liquid tints that dry out too quickly. However, with lip use, it tends to crease since it is cream based and does not last as long on the lips compared to traditional tints. I use a balm over it to smoothen it out

but it doesn’t resolve the problem of its short staying power. I guess you can compare this to Benefit’s Posie Tint, but this product is way cheaper.

On a side note, it has a wonderful cherry candy scent and has nothing special in terms of its packaging.

It costs 328 pesos or roughly around 7.5 USD. It can be bought in any Etude House franchise avialable in SM malls here in the Philippines. In Davao, the Etude House Franchise is found in Abreeza shopping mall. You can also buy it on-line.

If you’re looking for a tint to be used more on the cheeks, then this is the one for you.

I hope you found this review useful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113061492970730/k2311a0613/6.13.11