BudK Butterfly Bottle Opener  » Other  »
  • Even though I found this interesting little trinket at a convention, it's also available on Amazon and various other online retailers
  • But as a practice tool, it's definitely sufficient

• by G. Russillo

Even though I found this interesting little trinket at a convention, it’s also available on Amazon and various other online retailers. It’s a bottle-opener, but it works like a butterfly knife (also known as a balisong). In other words, the opener itself is encased between two hinged handles, which can be flipped open and folded back when you need to use it.

As far as its practical purpose, it works very nicely. As with any bottle-opener, it can take a few tries to actually hook the apparatus on the bottlecap properly, but after a

few uses, it gets pretty easy.

As far as the unique balisong apparatus, I find it very fun to use. I actually bought it so that I could learn some knife tricks without actually risking loss of fingers. It’s weighted very nicely, so it can be used for many real balisong tricks, which rely heavily on balance and momentum. Of course, the benefits of this design on a bottle-opener are obvious: it’s definitely a crowd-pleaser at parties. You’d be surprised how fascinated people can get over this thing!

Personally, I adore it. It’s helped me ...

• learn a new skill without breaking the law or hurting myself. Not only that, but it also helps my self-esteem when I show it off to my friends. I’ve only been using it for a month, but they already think I’m some sort of expert. And, of course, it’s very fun and unique to use! At least, it gets me away from all the electronics for a while. My sister “borrows” it on a regular basis to practice her own tricks, though, so I guess that’s its only true downside - it’s too
        fun?

Well, if you want to nit-pick, the hinges are a bit wobbly. There’s room for error when flipping it around, and sometimes it doesn’t close all the way because the handles don’t line up. Also, the little latch that holds it closed can get in the way sometimes. But as a practice tool, it’s definitely sufficient.

In short, this butterfly knife-style bottle-opener is an excellent buy. It provides fun for you and your friends, lets you learn cool tricks safely, and opens bottles just as effectively as any normal bottle-opener. You definitely won’t regret your purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1213061492850730/k2311a0613/6.13.11