Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eye Shadow

• by Megan Helmbrecht

I was hunting through Rite Aid’s cosmetic aisle like a tiger after its prey. My blank desperate eyelids had been starved of color for three days now. I needed eyeshadow. And not just any eyeshadow, I needed eyeshadow that was going to work.

My previous cheap assortment of blue eyeshadow was notorious for smudging and fading within an hour of applying. I was tired of feeling anxious in public unsure if my eye makeup still looked just as beautiful as when I last looked in the mirror or if it had turned ugly in that brief twenty minutes of driving from the house

to the restaurant. I was tired of fixing and reapplying in the countless public bathrooms while my family waited for me.

Now, as I stood in front of Rite Aid’s fine selection of cosmetic brands, my eyes scanned over CoverGirl, Revlon, Loreal, and Maybelline. Revlon’s Color Stay 12-Hour Eye Shadow caught my eye. I looked it over.

It had the same appearance as any other brand of eyeshadow would have. I decided to try it. I chose Azure Mist.

I experimented with the different shades of gray and blue I was given. I applied dark grey to my eyelid. I then proceeded to ...

• trace the crease of my eyelid with the dark indigo blue.

I finished with a shimmery cream color for my upper eyelid. I looked in the mirror and gasped. The first that caught my eye was not my makeup but rather my blue eyes! This product created a perfect setting for my lovely ocean blues to just pop out without making it look like too much makeup! I was very pleased with this product.

Now came the test: will the makeup stay on for 12 hours like it boldly had boasted to me from the cosmetic aisle? I made several “bathroom breaks” during

work to check up on my new friend Miss Revlon ColorStay. She continued to survive despite a grueling day of work. Exhausted, I went to bed forgetting to check at the 12 hour mark (as well as forgetting to wash it off before I fell asleep).

I awoke the next morning and looked in the mirror. I gasped a second time. My makeup had not changed! I examined closely.

No clogging along my eyelid crease, no smudges on the sides, not even a fade in color, nothing had changed! I met Miss Revlon ColorStay three years ago and I have never been happier with its proficiency!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113061492770730/k2311a0613/6.13.11