Avon Foot Works Dual-Action Pedi Peel 22 pads  » Health  »
  • When my Avon lady visited me with a brochure, I noticed this product and asked if it was good
  • I was disappointed but remembered the warning to be patient
  • It is difficult to tell when you see it happening gradually every day rather than all at once, but it was definitely softer and less cracked, and my partner confirmed that it was not just wishful thinking on my part
  • Although I don’t have loss of sensation in my feet, I want to be sure they stay in the best shape they can be, to avoid infection and problems down the road
  • I would recommend this product to anyone who needs to soften dome rough spots on their feet

• by reviewabit

When my Avon lady visited me with a brochure, I noticed this product and asked if it was good. Of course it is her job to say yes, but she actually seemed sincere and said she had used it herself. These are basically little pads with aloe vera and glycolic acid to retexturize and exfoliate feet. I have a few callused areas on my feet that tend to get cracked and dry, and I have been using moisturizing cream and moisture socks to try and keep them looking healthy, so I figured it couldn’t hurt to try this product out.

I only had to use it on the callused areas, and only every other day. When I got the order in, I was told to be patient, that

sometimes it took awhile for the product to work. I suppose that made sense, because calluses do not form overnight.

Only harsh methods take them all off at once. I have tried using a foot file on them, and a ped egg, but although they feel nice and smooth after the treatment, they seem to cause little spikes of dry skin to form on the bottoms of my feet, which makes them feel like a cactus, and sticks to the sheets. There is nothing sexy about a cactus foot.

When I opened the jar, I was surprised to find that the pads smelled rather pleasant. For some reason I expected them to smell like a harsh chemical or sulfurous. I am not sure why.

Avon products ...

• usually do smell nice. I applied one of the pads to my calluses on each foot and then followed with the heavy night cream I was using. The next morning I excitedly took off the moisture sock to see if my foot had magically transformed into Cinderella’s over night.

It had not, but it did look a bit better. I was disappointed but remembered the warning to be patient. I was.

I followed this regimen until I used up the last pad. At the end, I compared my foot to where I had started, and the product did actually make some significant improvement. It is difficult to tell when you see it happening gradually every day rather than all at once, but it was definitely softer and less

cracked, and my partner confirmed that it was not just wishful thinking on my part.

(My partner would know, as someone who gets my feet on them at night while I sleep!) I accomplished this softening without filing and suffering from cactus foot. It is important that I keep my feet healthy, because I am diabetic. Although I don’t have loss of sensation in my feet, I want to be sure they stay in the best shape they can be, to avoid infection and problems down the road.

I would recommend this product to anyone who needs to soften dome rough spots on their feet. It does work, just be patient. It will not work over night, but you will definitely see a difference if you are persistent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410061492181230/k2311a0610/6.10.11