Crystalux Crystal & Cornstarch Body Powder 4 oz
  • I have used crystal deodorant sticks and liquids before and was never really impressed with them
  • There is no talc to worry about, and I like that because talc has been associated with some health risks, especially for women
  • On the down side, it’s pretty boring without a scent, although it does mean you can wear it with any other products without it interfering with your fragrance
  • This is where it seemed to work the best and so I assigned it to that duty until the powder ran out

• by reviewabit

I have used crystal deodorant sticks and liquids before and was never really impressed with them. When my partner brought home some of this Crystalux body powder, I did not expect to like it very much. There are some good points about the product. Assuming it works, it can help to control odor without chemicals or fragrances. It is completely fragrance free.

It has minerals and cornstarch, and little else. There is no talc to worry about, and I like that because talc has been associated with some health risks, especially for women. On the down side, it’s pretty boring

without a scent, although it does mean you can wear it with any other products without it interfering with your fragrance. The powder does not have the soft texture of talc.

In fact, it feels a bit grainy to me. When I used some under my bra area, it did not feel very comfortable. It does absorb moisture, and when I took my clothes off later, it had left a flaky mess where it had contacted with sweat. This fell all over my bathroom floor and really annoyed me.

I will admit, there was no sweat odor under my bra. I did

try it one day under my arms, and it performed exactly as the crystal deodorant sticks had, poorly. It did not help at all. My next trial for it was in my shoes as a foot powder.

This is where it seemed to work the best and so I assigned it to that duty until the powder ran out. I shook a little into my sneakers, and it did manage to keep them feeling and smelling fresh. I used a spray powder on my actual feet, because it felt better to the skin. I did kind of like the fact that there was no ...

•   Crystalux Crystal & Cornstarch Body Powder 4 oz
      fragrance in the shoes.

They just smelled clean. My partner used the powder all over and had the same complaints that I did, that it became flaky and messy once it came in contact with moisture. Although I do not think it is strong enough to cover underarm odor, I do think it assists in preventing other body odors. It might be a really good option for those who are sensitive to fragrances and additives and want a talc free body powder.

It might not be the softest powder there is, but it does absorb moisture. Just be prepared to pay the

price for that– when you take off your clothes, you might want to do it in an area that is easily cleaned up. Perhaps we both used a bit too much of the product. I tend to use as much powder as I can get to cling to myself.

I really think it has more to do with the fact that there are no additives in there to keep the texture fine like there are in some commercial powders. I do think this is probably a good product for certain people’s needs, but I would not personally purchase it for myself. I like the alternatives better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410061492091130/k2311a0610/6.10.11