Motorola Xoom Tablet  » Electronics  »
  • Of course, I have seen a lot of fake or shall I say chinaphones/tablet that runs on the previous version such as froyo, but this one is a totally different experience from the rest
  • If you think such a user interface design is going to be compromised by some performance issue, then you are most likely wrong
  • There were lag times, but most often, I noticed these lags occur whenever I'm doing multiple things such as downloading a heavy file while browsing some apps
  • Thinking of something as big as that right at the palm of my hand is just amazing
  • To wrap things up, I think Motorola Xoom is worth the money

• by Shuyi

I am one of the proudest owners of a Motorola Xoom Tablet. When it first came out early this quarter, I was just so pleased and happy that Google has finally released a tablet that has the potential to knock down the all so famous Apple iPad. Tablets are becoming a trend these days and I always wondered how Motorola’s partnership with google will turn out.

Motorola Xoom Tablet is the first ever tablet to come out with Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) which is the latest Android OS in the Android Kingdom! This OS is pretty much different from the other versions because it was specifically designed with the tablet in mind. Of course, I have seen a lot of “fake” or shall I say “chinaphones/tablet” that runs on the previous version such as froyo, but this one is a totally different experience from the rest. While there are tablets that run on lower versions of android, they

only looked like a bigger version of your typical smartphone. There was no special stuff in it what so ever. Motorola Xoom however, really caught my attention!

It is pretty obvious that what caught my attention isn’t the hardware, it was the OS! Android 3.0 is a really gorgeous OS. It has this beautiful minimalist design that really sets it apart from its predecessor. Glowing blue lines against a black background is the main theme of Honeycomb’s facade. It really looks cool and futuristic if you ask me. If you think such a user interface design is going to be compromised by some performance issue, then you are most likely wrong. I actually found the transitions to be quite smooth and solid, be it a slide, a swype or a tap! There were lag times, but most often, I noticed these lags occur whenever I’m doing multiple things such as downloading a heavy file while browsing some apps.

The Motorola Xoom Tablet boasts of 1GHz, NVIDIA Tegra 2 and 1GB of DDR2 RAM, with 32 GB of internal storage. Wow! That almost reminded me of my ten year old desktop computer at home. Thinking of something as big as that right at the palm of my hand is just amazing. I bet more companies will be able to improve on this technology soon.

This tablet also sports a 1280×800 display on a 10.1 inch size handsomely built slate. It is slightly larger than an iPad, both in size and in resolution. There isn’t much of that big difference really, but I do think that Motorola Xoom’s display is capable of delivering just as much quality as that of an iPad. The images are really crisp and bright, which is really immenent when watching movies in HD and playing hardcore games with really awesome graphics. Xoom comes with a rear 5 megapixel camera, which I ...

• Motorola Xoom Tablet
      think, takes some decent quality pictures. However, I rarely use it! Why, I feel ridiculous and utterly stupid whenever I take pictures with a tablet 10 inches in length! Come on people! That ain’t cool right? Anyhow, if you enjoy taking pictures so much, and you don’t mind looking like a moron, then go ahead! There is also a front-facing camera and I usually use it for video chats and it also does a really good job of being a mirror!

Browsing experience on Xoom is quite flawless! I was totally blown away. By default, the browser app resembles Google Chrome with a touch of Honeycombs’s blue/black theme. Pages displayed itself rather quickly! I was a bit disappointed howeer because the device didn’t come with Flash out of the box! One of the issues that I once faced with Motorola Xoom’s browser is that it displays websites as if it were a smartphone. This means that if

you type in www.facebook.com on the address bar, seconds later you’ll end up looking at the mobile version of facebook! That’s just lame considering that 10.1 inches is too big a device. It was however fixed on later updates which really made my life a whole lot easier!

Sound quality is generic on my opinion. Audio is clear even if I don’t max out hte volume. On the other hand, battery life was superb. It doesn’t last long as an iPad, but I’m pretty impressed that they come close to each other! With all the effects on the screen, I really thought that it was going to die early on, but the battery on the screen doesn’t seem to move any lower.

To wrap things up, I think Motorola Xoom is worth the money! It is an awesome competitor to Apple’s ridiculously overpriced iPad! I definitely love using it! I am proub to be an owner of this awesome tablet!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1610061491991130/k2311a0610/6.10.11