Red Door by Elizabeth Arden fragrance  » Perfume  »
0.5
  • I'm usually one to try new fragrances especially if the bottle that it comes in is interesting
  • I think that some old women need to wear stronger smells that they themselves can smell and may think is nice
  • Least to say I was really disappointed with this fragrance
  • The presentation of the bottle was definitely nice but the fragrance was just horrible
  • I do not recommend this scent for anyone and I do not plan to every try this scent again

• by LissaK

I’m usually one to try new fragrances especially if the bottle that it comes in is interesting. The bottle a fragrance comes in is just as important as the fragrance itself because it is the bottle that first attracts you to the product. The bottle must say something about how the scent is expected to smell or make you feel. It has to elicit some kind of emotion. So when I was in Sears and I saw a bottle shaped like a Red Door I was very curious. The scent is called Red Door by Elizabeth Arden. It jogged my memory about something I heard a while ago. It was

in some home magazine that I read about how having a red door is inviting, it gives off a more welcoming vibe to visitors. I assumed that this is what Elizabeth Arden was trying to achieve with her Red Door fragrance.

When I sprayed this perfume on my self I wanted to wash it off right away! I really regretted that I even did spray it on my skin because it just smelled so awful! It reminded of a kind of smell that old women would wear possibly because their sense of smell has dulled over the years. I think that some old women need to wear stronger smells that ...

• they themselves can smell and may think is nice. The Red Door fragrance has a soapy kind of smell to it which is even worse when paired with the idea that I wanted to wash this soap smell away with actual soap! Then as I kept smelling the scent it started to smell like hair grease to me.

Least to say I was really disappointed with this fragrance. The presentation of the bottle was definitely nice but the fragrance was just horrible. It was not welcoming at all and only made me want to stay away! I am only 21 years old so I do not want to smell like I

am 60 years older than that. I thought the bottle would be a cool work of art at the least, but the fragrance inside of it, absolutely not. I would not even give this as a gift to my grandmother! Another thing I was considering is how hard it would be to even take this perfume with you in your purse. The top could easily come off while it is in the purse thus leaving the horrible scent to spray it self freely over all the important things surrounding it. I do not recommend this scent for anyone and I do not plan to every try this scent again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 569061491910730/k2311a069/6.9.11