Envy Me by Gucci  » Perfume  »
1.5
  • Personally, I like perfumes that have a sweet floral or fruity smell that is more feminine
  • I think the only reason it does cost that much is because it is a Gucci brand and Gucci is a designer brand
  • I believe that maybe if a little more time was put into actual scent of the fragrance I would probably try it again
  • I would probably recommend Gucci Envy Me for women who love strong, masculine smelling fragrances

• by LissaK

One day I decided that I wanted to try out new fragrances, just to see what was out there. In my local mall there are various perfume shops to choose from. I came across a store named Sephora when I saw the wide selection of fragrances they have. I also liked how they were all stacked along the wall with testers in front for anyone who wanted to try them. Gucci Envy Me Eau Toilette. I was attracted to the bottle, most of all. It had a tall square sleek shape and the Gucci logo in pink wrapped it’s way all around

the bottle. However when I sprayed it on myself I was not pleased by the smell. The scent was too strong and reminded me of the type of cologne that men would wear. Personally, I like perfumes that have a sweet floral or fruity smell that is more feminine. Even the musk smell is one of my favorites.

However the strong heavy scent of Gucci Envy Me was not for me!

Even more shocking to me was the price of the perfume. The big 3.4 oz bottle costs $90. I really do not feel like that perfume is worth that much money! I think ...

• the only reason it does cost that much is because it is a Gucci brand and Gucci is a designer brand. When it comes to defining smells I have a name for certain scents called a poo poo smell. That is what the Gucci Envy reminded me of. I believe that maybe if a little more time was put into actual scent of the fragrance I would probably try it again.

I later read that the fragrance has such scents as pomegranate, pineapple, white tea and sensual musk. All of those scents are fine with me and actually quite nice to smell. However, I

think the peony in it is what throws me off. I heard that peony is a strong scent usually used in male colognes. However some fragrance makers put peony in their perfumes because they think it will attract men since they smell something familiar. However, how could I attract a man to me if I don’t not feel confident that I smell good? Long story short, the Gucci Envy Me was not for me. It had a really cool bottle, but the scent was just too strong. I would probably recommend Gucci Envy Me for women who love strong, masculine smelling fragrances.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 569061491880730/k2311a069/6.9.11