Rush by Gucci fragrance  » Perfume  »
1.5
  • The shape and texture of it reminded me of a toy camera, I thought that was pretty cute
  • One thing I know is that the smell of a fragrance is just as important as the bottle it comes in
  • So even though this perfume came in a very unique and interesting looking bottle, the smell did not capture me nor make me want to spray it all over myself in sheer pleasure of the aroma

• by LissaK

Right off the bat the thing that caught my eye about this fragrance was the unique looking bottle it came in. Never before had a seen a perfume come in a plastic box like bottle. The shape and texture of it reminded me of a toy camera, I thought that was pretty cute. As for the smell, I was not a big fan of that.

One thing I know is that the smell of a fragrance is just as important as the bottle it comes in. So even though this perfume came in a very unique and interesting looking bottle, the smell did not capture me nor

make me want to spray it all over myself in sheer pleasure of the aroma. This fragrance smelled more like a chemical to me than a perfume which I thought was really odd. I couldn’t place it but it reminded me of some kind of chemical that I might clean my house with which is to say it had a really strong off putting smell about it.

It’s a shame really because Gucci has not been making a good impression on me so far. I recently tried Gucci’s other fragrance called Envy Me and that one was deplorable. When I asked a woman working at the store ...

• in Perfumania about the Gucci Rush she agreed with me that the bottle that it comes in is pretty cool. She told me the reason they designed the bottle like that in the first place was to make it more easily portable so that women could put it in their purse and not worry about the top coming off or the bottle accidentally spraying itself somehow. How innovative, I thought to myself. I only wish that the perfume was more sweet smelling. Don’t get me wrong, there are some chemicals I clean my house with that smell really great like Mr. Clean and Pine-sol. However, there
        is no way that I would ever want my body or my clothes to smell like these things. I really hope Gucci decides to work on this fragrance and tone down the chemical smell. It is odd to me that I would think Gucci Rush smells bad because it is actually comprised of some sweet smelling ingredients like floral gardenia, coriander seeds, jasmine, rose, and vanilla. Even though the Gucci Rush has been around since 1999 I’m assuming because the people who buy it like stronger smells or they either simply can afford to spend $70 on a fragrance. Either way it just was not for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 569061491850730/k2311a069/6.9.11