George Bush
  • I don't consider myself to be a staunch Bush supporter but I did support him during his first term
  • I believe that he had to make a lot of really tough decisions and I don't know of anybody that would have been able to stay popular considering what was going on

• by Joohn

I don’t consider myself to be a staunch Bush supporter but I did support him during his first term. He became president after being governor of Texas. During his last term and when he left office he was very unpopular. I believe that he had to make a lot of really tough decisions and I don’t know of anybody that would have been able to stay popular considering what was going on.

I believe that he did a good job of handling the situation in 2001. I don’t believe that there could have been a much better person to lead the country at the time. He would speak directly to the people and I believe that the people felt a lot of comfort after hearing what he had to say. He implemented a lot of new policies to make sure that the country was

safe. I agreed with almost everything that he did relating to keeping the country safe.

One thing that many people would make jokes about was when it comes to his speaking. At times he has a cowboy style accent. I believe that he did a good job at getting his point across but he wasn’t a good speaker. I actually loved the way that he spoke because he would provide a lot of really funny sound bites at times. It’s not something that I would make fun of but it was a bit hilarious.

One of my main criticisms about him was when it comes to the economy. I consider myself to be a somewhat conservative independent and I believe that he did a little too much spending. I know that it’s tough to control the deficit when there were two wars going ...

• on but I believe that he spent too much on many other programs that were unnecessary including TARP. He was supposed to be a conservative and conservatives are supposed to be able to control spending. I believe that TARP was something that he almost had to do because he didn’t have a choice at the time but if there were things done before the failure happened I believe that it could have been avoided. Since TARP was signed by him it has been fairly successful so I believe that signing it will ultimately be seen as a success.

I believe that he made a great decision to keep a low profile after he left office. He has written a book and only made a few appearances which I believe is wonderful. President Clinton made a few criticisms of him after leaving office so

I believe he was aware of how hard it was to deal with. He has not criticized the current president at all. I believe that being president is a really tough job and I appreciate the fact that he understands it enough to know that the current president doesn’t need to deal with extra criticism. His approval rating has improved a lot since leaving office and I believe this is the main reason why.

I believe that overall he had a fairly average job as president. My main criticism of him would certainly be his handling of the economy. I believe that he could have done a little more to prevent it from tanking out the way that it did. He was supposed to be a conservative but during his presidency he turned out to be more of a moderate which in some ways hurt him.

George Bush
    James says :

I really don’t like him, because he supported Albanian mafia in Europe (Serbia), which killed more than 3500 civilians, harvested their organs and sold them on black market.
    It is something which is really scary for 21th century…mostly because biggest politicians are behind that (Klinton, Bush, Blaire…)

aw says :

He left a big mess after he left so I can’t agree with the poster that Bush was great. I’m sure if the country was threatened any presiding president would do as well or even better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 369061491670730/k2311a069/6.9.11