Nikon D80 Digital SLR Camera
  • Then with an accidental trip to a camera store in Jackson Wyoming, the clerk told me the best thing to buy and the best way to use it
  • I like the ability of the camera to take fast frame pictures
  • I recommend the camera to anyone who can afford a $900 camera

• by arabgirl28
      My experiences with Nikon have been mixed. My Nikon non-digital camera was a pain to operate. Consequently, I never used it. Then with an accidental trip to a camera store in Jackson Wyoming, the clerk told me the best thing to buy and the best way to use it.

I owe all my adulations to him for purchasing this wonderful camera. 1st of all, I was able to take the lenses from my non-digital camera and use them on my Nikon D80. My telephoto lens is heavy, but the

camera itself, when not using the telephoto lens is not a clunky heavy camera.

The pictures are great - mostly the camera does it for you. The color is very true and realistic. The little LCD panel at the top which shows all the functions going on is rather confusing, but very bright Everything is squashed together - looking like hieroglyphics.

The plug-ins, which are small, are difficult to find in a hurry. The D80 is loaded full of options if you are a good photographer and ...

• you know how to use them, like histograms (I don’t even know what that is). There are different modes on the camera for portrait etc.

These are helpful, especially for me - because it does all the technical settings for me. I like the ability of the camera to take fast frame pictures. This is useful because I like to take pictures of my horses running and it allows me to keep on clicking and get some extraordinary action pictures.

The memory card is awesome. I’m used to taking

7-12 pictures on my old Sony and with this one I can take better than 100 pictures without running out of space. The flash is great too.

I never have to worry about if I need a flash, it just does it. That is great, then I can concentrate on the picture and not my flash needs. The camera is very easy to use, even for a newby.

If you can read the manual, you can operate the camera. I recommend the camera to anyone who can afford a $900 camera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431304149100130/k2311a0413/4.13.07