Perlier Honey Body Cream w/ Royal Jelly 8.4 oz  » Health  »
  • The first thing I noticed when I opened the jar was the smell of honey
  • I found when I went to try and replace it that it was quite expensive, and also impossible to find locally
  • I highly recommend this lovely Italian masterpiece

• by reviewabit

When my Italian born friend selected a birthday gift for me, it was one that she knew I would appreciate. She had ordered this cream, which is imported from Italy. We had already discussed the fact that I had developed an addiction to Italian honey a few years ago, but could no longer indulge in it as much as I wanted to because of diabetes. Here was a way to enjoy Italian honey without the sugar rush.

The product is made with royal jelly, honey, avocado milk and milk protein. It is from Perlier, and is not tested on animals. The first thing I noticed when I opened the jar was the smell of honey.

It was amazing (and made me hungry). The cream was rich,

but felt light on the skin. It was not greasy, and absorbed quickly.

It was in the winter when I got the product, so I was able to use it more because my skin tends to be drier in the winter. It makes a fantastic hand and foot cream, and I used it to treat my hands and feet before bed many nights. Since it has a strong honey fragrance, it has to be coordinated with fragrances that will go well with it.

Mostly this means vanilla and fruit-based smells. I had a nice caramel-vanilla bath gel that I showered with, then used the honey cream and topped it off with a vanilla and cherry body spray. I was told many times that winter that I smelled like a ...

• dessert cart!

Royal jelly is known as a very healing substance.

It contains protein, lipids, amino acids, aspartic acid, and B vitamins, and helps to keep skin and hair healthier. I have not heard of it helping with fingernails, but I swear that mine looked less dry and ridged when I used it on my hands. Even with using liberal amounts, this cream never felt overly heavy or greasy, and it kept my skin healthy during the winter.

When I got a patch of dry skin on my back, which was itching like crazy, I had my partner to put some of the cream on it every day, and within a week, the skin was just like new! My feel stayed soft

and I had no dry cracks in my heels, because I was applying the cream every night and then covering my feet with moisture socks. The only thing I did not use the cream for was my face. I was using another type of moisturizer for my face and was getting good results and did not want to switch– but I would bet that this cream would even make a good facial moisturizer.

The only problems with the cream, aside from the (wonderful) fragrance being a little limiting in its nature, are availability and price. I found when I went to try and replace it that it was quite expensive, and also impossible to find locally. It is easily found online though.

I highly recommend this lovely Italian masterpiece.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347061490710530/k2311a067/6.7.11