Magic Kingdom Orlando FL  » Entertainment  »
Orlando Florida
  • I don't think this park would be something that roller coaster fanatics would be nuts over, as there didn’t seem to be a lot of big scary roller coasters all over the place
  • I enjoyed a lot of the attractions that magic kingdom had to offer
  • As far as I know this is Disney's oldest ride/attraction, and its nice to see this day and age and just as popular as ever
  • A great attraction for all ages is definitely The Monster Inc
  • I thought it was insensitive, that person dressed as Buzz is there to pose and take pictures with the children- that’s what Disney is for kids- meeting their favorite characters

• by goodegg462

All you life you hear about how great Disney is, It is every kids biggest wish : To go to Disney World! I just recently took my first trip to Disney, at the age of 26, to the Magic Kingdom Theme park. Overall I had an enjoyable time, and if ever given the opportunity again, I would return.

I don’t think this park would be something that roller coaster fanatics would be nuts over, as there didn’t seem to be a lot of big scary roller coasters all over the place. The scariest that Magic Kingdom has to offer is Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. Everything else is really child friendly and not in the realm of thrill rides.

I enjoyed a lot of the attractions that magic kingdom had to offer. One being the classic, “It’s a small world” ride. It is a nice relaxing boat ride through an underground and extravagant tunnel. There are different parts of the tunnel that are all geared towards different countries. As far as I know this is Disney’s oldest ride/attraction, and its nice to see this day and age and just as popular as ever.

Another great stop in Magic Kingdom is The Hall of Presidents. It is a nice break in Magic Kingdom where you can stop, sit in a comfy

chair and watch a nice animatronic presentation. It is narrated by actor Morgan Freeman and there is an animatronic doll of each president of the United states. I was probably located in the 5th row or so and I was almost convinced at points that these were actual actors. If there is anything that the Disney Franchise has mastered it is animation and animated electronics. It was an enjoyable presentation.

Another great animatronic display is Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress. It is basically a room that is on a platform and in the center is a stage that does not move. The carousel takes you through the decades to show you how times have changed. The animatronics was just as good as The Hall of Presidents. It was a decently long presentation and a very nice break from the rain that we experienced.

A great attraction for all ages is definitely The Monster Inc. Laugh Floor. It is a comedy show put on by some of the characters from the movie monsters inc. I personally thought before hand that is was going to be lame but very surprised that it was that funny. I loved that the comedy show interacted with the audience and really made it more of an experience rather than a show. Very enjoyable.

Every ride that I went ...

• on was fun, an most of them had very long lines but were worth the wait. However there were some that were not. Stitches Great Escape is awful, which upset me because Lilo and Stitch is one of my favorite Disney flicks ever. There is part of the attraction (they make it seem like its a ride) where you have to sit in these chairs in there is an apparatus that comes over you head and touches you shoulders. It was very uncomfortable, the seat itself was pushing into my back and I actually had a bruise from it. There was nothing exciting or great about it, and they should highly consider putting something more theme park worthy in there.

I was also very irritated with the Tommorowland speedway. I ended up getting a car which had a messed up steering column. Although this didn’t get me ran over because the cars are on a track I was unable to maneuver the car on the tract and it would just ram into the track causing the vehicle to be jostled. That ride would have been much better if they maintained their cars better. I’m sure had I been in a different car that did not have a messed up column I would have enjoyed it much more.

I am sure

most of the Magic Kingdom staff is a great group of people, but I had an encounter with one that was just rude and insensitive. I took my boyfriends niece on the Buzz Light-year ride a second time, so him and his sister could go on space mountain. When we were there the first time the line for buzz light-year was too long. While we were in line for the ride a second time I saw that they had Buzz out again, but because we had made it so far through the line for the ride I decided we would catch him on the way out. When we got out, to my delight Buzz was still there and there were less people in line, probably five. So I start to walk up to the line and a lady staff member came up to me and said Buzz was done for the night. Really?? You couldn’t let one more five year old into the line because you are saying Buzz is done? I thought it was insensitive, that person dressed as Buzz is there to pose and take pictures with the children- that’s what Disney is for kids- meeting their favorite characters.

Overall I give Magic Kingdom an 8 out of 10 and I can’t wait to visit more Disney Theme Parks!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 597061490670530/k2311a067/6.7.11