2006 Dodge Caravan
  • The van handled very well and I have to admit, I really enjoyed driving it

• by D Conroy
      A friend of mine invited my roommate and I to go camping with him last fall. Since my friend is a night worker, he wasn’t really up to taking the 6 to 8 hour drive from Cleveland, OH to Fayetteville, WV, so I drove the van that he rented. The van was the 2006 Dodge Caravan.

The pick up on the van was exceptionally good for a mini van. The van handled very well and I have

to admit, I really enjoyed driving it.

The seats were very comfortable, all the controls were easy to access, and it also had a really nice sound system inside it. The one annoying thing about the van was that if you forgot to put your seat belt on, the thing would intermittently start making an annoying dinging sound that would stop for about a minute then start back up over and over again until the seat belt ...

• was fastened.

This is a good thing when driving on an actual road, but when just moving the car a few feet in a camp ground, it really got annoying. The car also had a buit in child safety seat.

Although we didn’t bring any kids with us, it’s still a nice option for people with small children. Once we got to our destination, my roommate and I discovered that we left all our sleeping gear back

in Cleveland.

In order to stay warm, we had to sleep in the van. Talk about comfortable.

The rear seat reclines and the seat in front can lean forward so we were able to sleep in the back like we were sleeping on a recliner. The van has a great heater in it so we were able to warm the van up enough so we didn’t freeze.

If I ever buy a newer mini van, I’ll be getting the 2006 Dodge caravan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91304149060130/k2311a0413/4.13.07