Macaroni Tuna Salad  » Recipes  »
  • Some of this recipe is not measured and can be altered to taste and the size of your family that you are making it for

• by J. L. Newton

Macaroni Tuna Salad is a recipe that my Mom and I have been making together since I was a little girl. Now I have the kids help me make it and it is a big hit with everyone that tries it. This recipe is something that we just make ourselves and I am not sure where my Mom learned it from. This dish works great in the summertime when it is hot outside. Since we live

in Florida where it is hot and humid there are many nights that we make various pasta salads throughout the summer rather than cooking “hot” meals.

Some of this recipe is not measured and can be altered to taste and the size of your family that you are making it for. I feed a house size of five people, so this is how I make it.

Ingredients:

2 lbs. Macaroni noodles 3 cans Tuna Miracle Whip Sweet Salad ...

• Cubes 1 small Onion

Directions:

Boil the macaroni noodles until they are done and drain. Here I usually rinse the noodles with cold water before putting into the mixing bowl. Pour macaroni into a large bowl. Add 3 teaspoons of the sweet salad cubes (more or less to your taste preferences) along with about half of the diced up onion. Mix together with the noodles. Next add the 3 cans of tuna and some (I usually start with

about 2 spoons of it with my spoon that I use to mix everything) Miracle Whip. You can use Mayo if you prefer. Stir everything together until it is all mixed really well. This is where the preferences come in again. I keep adding a little Miracle Whip and mixing as needed until I end up with a nice (but not overly done) creamy appearance and everything is evenly coated. Stick in the fridge for about an hour or until cool and serve.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 496061489750430/k2311a066/6.6.11