QVC Tarte Eye-ssentials Amazonian clay discovery kit
  • I like the idea that the makeup is made without using parabens, mineral oil, and sodium lauryl sulfate

• by Lenorea

I ordered the tarte eye-ssentials Amazonian clay discovery kit from QVC. The kit came with a 3.4g/.1oz cream eye shadow, a .23g/.008oz eye liner, and a 7ml/.24 Fl. Oz. mascara. It also came with a makeup brush. The box also says that the makeup is water-proof.

I received the makeup and immediately tried it. It worked nothing like it did on the show. The eye liner went on very well. I love it. It went on smooth and stayed on. I felt as if I had to use less than I

usually would to get the look that I wanted.

The eye shadow wasn’t what I was expecting; although, it did work a lot better using my finger than it did with the brush. It also did not work well with other makeup brands, so if you buy it get more than one color in the tarte brand. It is creamy just like they say. The good thing about the eye shadow is that if you like a subtle, barely there look, you can rub on a little and it works.

• But if you like a more dramatic look, it takes a lot more of the eye shadow. I don’t know if it just looks like that on me because of my complexion, and the color they gave was called rich brown. In my opinion it resembles a deep bronze. I wear browns, bronzes and gold tones all the time, but this one was very different.

The mascara wasn’t so bad either. It did a good job at adding length. I have really long lashes and I did notice that it

made them longer. It is light and did not clump either. It is a pretty good mascara.

I think the kit was around $30 dollars. I like the idea that the makeup is made without using parabens, mineral oil, and sodium lauryl sulfate; since they say these things can cause more harm than good. It is definetely water proof, but it washes off easily with makeup remover. I have been wearing makeup for over 14 years, therefore I beleive I have used more than my share of makeup, and these are good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316061489710430/k2311a066/6.6.11