Essence Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this eyeliner at Shopper's Drugstore
  • I can't remember the exact cost, but it was less than $5 CAD
  • Unlike what a lot of reviews say about this eyeliner, it really wasn't an issue erasing this eyeliner
  • Another problem with this eyeliner is that when it dries, it tends to be a little sticky
  • I would have paid more to get this eyeliner and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't wear mascara often

• by Heather Mills

I bought this eyeliner at Shopper’s Drugstore. I was looking for a cheap waterproof eyeliner for weeks, and I was super excited to find this eyeliner (Essence Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof). It was really cheap; I can’t remember the exact cost, but it was less than $5 CAD. So I bought this eyeliner and went back home happy. I unwrapped the eyeliner.

It was beautiful. It is jet black, not the kind of black that’s kind of black but not dark enough to call it black. The

applier is a brush not a felt tip. I never used a felt tip applier before so I don’t know which one is easier to use, but the brush was easy to use.

It was my very first time using liquid eyeliner and I could put it on with no problems and without colouring my eyes with the eyeliner. My eyelids are kind of oily, so usually pencil eyeliners don’t last for more than three hours on my eyelids but this eyeliner didn’t even smudge a tiny bit. It stayed in place for nine hours-no smudge. It’s was kind of expected since it is a waterproof eyeliner.

Unlike what a lot of reviews say about this eyeliner, it really wasn’t an issue erasing this eyeliner. I used vaseline and it got off in like two minutes. Now comes the bad part. This eyeliner isn’t exactly waterproof.

Let me rephrase that. It’s waterproof but not smudge-proof in water. So when you come out of the water, you look like a raccoon. This happened ...

• Essence Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof
      to me when I took a shower.

Washing face was okay, it smudged only a bit but not too noticeable. I wouldn’t call it waterproof eyeliner. Another problem with this eyeliner is that when it dries, it tends to be a little sticky. It’s not like you can’t close your eyes because of the stickiness; however, you can kind of feels your eyelids sticking together when you are blinking (especially if you have asian eyes like me).

The eyeliner does attack your eyelashes and gets clumps

in your eyelashes. Normally, this isn’t a problem for me because I don’t wear mascara. But on this special occasion, I tried to wear mascara after applying this eyeliner and realized that I couldn’t because there were clumps on them. The clumps isn’t hard to get rid of; it just takes time and patience.

I don’t have patience so I almost ripped all my eyelashes out. Overall, I am very satisfied with this eyeliner. I would have paid more to get this eyeliner and would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t wear mascara often.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313061489441030/k2311a063/6.3.11