Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Movie 2011)  » Movies  »
  • I have seen the trilogy and I know that this one might just be as good as its predecessors
  • Okay, I'll consider having new characters in the set, it might be fun
  • Okay, that sounded so lesbian coming from a girl, but I bet anybody would agree with me if I said she was beautiful
  • Well, that's it, there are some elements that made it boring and there were scenes that made me laugh as hell (most of which was courtesy of Capt
  • All in all, it was an exnjoyable film, I'd definitely watch it again

• by Shuyi

Okay, so I just watched this movie a few days ago and to tell you guys frankly I never hesitated, not one bit, about watching this movie. I have seen the trilogy and I know that this one “might” just be as good as its predecessors!

Basically, the plot is about the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow (along with some new characters like Blackbeard and Angelica) in finding the fountain of youth. Well, there was a lot of stuff going on, too much actually that I don’t want to go into too much detail.

Anyhow, I came to the movie house full of expectations: I shall see my beloved Captain Jack Sparrow once again, and yes I did see him… However, I never saw a lots of him. Why you say? Well, that’s basically because there were a lot of characters in this movie, it just made it all

look so cluttered! There were spaniards, there was Blackbeard, there were mermaids, there was Captain Barbosa, hold your horses, where is Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley? Did I just miss them or are they not included anymore?

I know, I know, I’m being sentimental. But hey… Okay, I’ll consider having new characters in the set, it might be fun! It was hell lots of fun you bet, especiially when Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow) was on screen. There were a lot of good scenes and humurous ones, it really made the film loosen up a bit. Not that it was serious or anything, Pirates of the Caribbean never failed to entertain me.

In terms of cast, I can pretty much say that the director really picked a lot of good actors and actresses. Astrid Berges-Frisbey (the girl who playes Syrena, the mermaid) was so stunningly immaculate, I fell for her ...

• immediately! Okay, that sounded so lesbian coming from a girl, but I bet anybody would agree with me if I said she was beautiful. I also have to commend Ian McShane (Blackbeard) for doing such a good job! I think he played his part quite well! He owned the whole film and Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow) suddenly became an extra in the set. No seriously! He was bossing our dear captain the whole time! Penelope Cruz (Angelica, Blackbeard’s long lost daughter) also gave lots of humor to the movie. By the way, she does have this stunning resemblance to Blackbeard, are they related in anyway in real life? Hmmm… I can’t really tell if they are.

In nutshell, if you’re not very critical about the whole movie, then I bet you will enjoy it just as much as an 8 year old. On the other hand, if you

really want my verdict, then here is my piece of thought: It’s good, but there were too much characters, you wouldn’t know who’s the bad guy, who’s the guy and what the hell are the spaniards supposed to represent (they’re either good or bad, I really wasn’t able to figure it out, they just suddenly appeared out of no where!). Well, that’s it, there are some elements that made it boring and there were scenes that made me laugh as hell (most of which was courtesy of Capt. Jack Sparrow) and there were some pretty good fight scenes too! There was very little effects, but I do appreciate all the work the crew did in improvising what they can (I heard that they had a really tight budget and schedule). All in all, it was an exnjoyable film, I’d definitely watch it again! And I think you should too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113061489321030/k2311a063/6.3.11