Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner
1.0
  • I like that it has a dual purpose as both a liner and an eye shadow
  • Another thing that I dislike about the Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner is the consistency of the product even before it has dried out
  • Again, I think something about the clay in this product just makes it terrible at actually acting as a makeup product
  • I do not recommend this product to anyone

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner. I didn’t simply purchase it because of the clever name. I like that it has a dual purpose as both a liner and an eye shadow. I like to take multipurpose products with me when I travel and I have been doing a lot more traveling lately. I always use black liner and black shadow so I figured that this would be a good purchase.

I don’t know whether this product dries out so quickly because it contains clay or because of some other ingredient, but that is the worst thing about it. I am always very careful not to leave the top off of a jar of any sort of gel or cream liner for too long because I am

very paranoid about my eye products drying out too much. I did not have the top off of this one for that long and with only a few uses, it started to dry out considerably. It became so dry that it was pretty much impossible to apply it to my eyes. The instructions that come with this product say to make sure that you keep the container tightly sealed which I did. Even though I followed the instructions, it still dried out.

Another thing that I dislike about the Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner is the consistency of the product even before it has dried out. It is way thicker than any other liner or shadow that I have ever used so it does not go on smoothly at all.

• It clumps up like a mascara would. Forget trying to blend this product if you want to use it as an eye shadow. The way this product dries is also weird. It just flakes right off of your eye throughout the day. Again, I think something about the clay in this product just makes it terrible at actually acting as a makeup product. Some of the flakes even fell into my eye and caused irritation. By the end of the one day that I tried to wear this as an eye shadow, my eyes were so red that my mom was asking me if I had pink eye or some other terrible condition. I will never make the mistake of trying to use this as an eye shadow again. It isn’t any
        better as an eye liner either so I will probably just end up throwing it away.

The fact that it won’t go on smoothly means that trying to apply it as a liner ends up involving a lot of tugging. Tugging is very bad for the eyes so I will not even attempt to figure out how to use this product anymore. For the sake of the health and appearance of my eyes, this product will be thrown out.

Overall, I have to give the Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Clay Eye Shadow & Liner a rating of a 2 out of 10. I do not recommend this product to anyone. The product dries out way too quickly and then becomes completely unusable so purchasing this is basically wasting a ton of money for one or two uses.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312061489200530/k2311a062/6.2.11