Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • If I had to make the purchase over again, I would definitely go for the tube instead
  • It is one of the best skin nourishing products I have used
  • It makes my skin feel amazing and look gorgeous
  • Though I really love this product, it is basically just a more expensive form of Vaseline with a very strange smell
  • While I would normally recommend a product that I love as much as this one, I can’t really see myself continuing to purchase it simply because I know that I can basically get the same results with a much less expensive products

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. The product comes in a tube as well as a jar. I purchased the jar because I absolutely loved the funky colors and the packaging, but I am now kind of regretting that. If I had to make the purchase over again, I would definitely go for the tube instead. It just seems like it would be a lot more hygienic to squeeze the cream out of a tube than to have to dip my fingers into the same jar over and over again with each use. It would also probably be easier to remove the product from the container as well.

It is one of the best skin nourishing products I have used. It is a very

thick balm that I use at night. It almost feels like Vaseline rather than a cream so the name is kind of misleading. I put this “cream” on the dry areas of my skin overnight so that it has a good amount of time to really absorb into the skin. I look pretty ridiculous with this stuff on my face but it works wonders so I really do not mind. I wake up in the morning and wash it off. It makes my skin feel amazing and look gorgeous. My skin feels conditioned and hydrated. One thing that I do not like about this is the strong scent. The smell is pretty yucky, but this product is so good for my skin that I just suck it ...

• up and use it anyway. Sometimes I even use this product on my hands and feet at nighttime to soften them up by the morning. It works especially well on the feet. It leaves me with that same soft feeling I get after a manicure or pedicure. I have used this on my cuticles to make my nails look and feel healthier. I can even use this for chapped lips, dry elbows, and pretty much any other dry parts of my body. It has so many purposes. This can even be used for sunburns, flaking, and peeling. For an Elizabeth Arden product, it is pretty reasonably priced. I guess my only real concern is that this product is pretty much the same as petroleum jelly, just more
        expensive and marketed in a fancier way. It literally contains half petroleum jelly. The other ingredients do not make it much different from Vaseline.

Overall, I have to give the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream a rating of a 5 out of 10. Though I really love this product, it is basically just a more expensive form of Vaseline with a very strange smell. It is marketed as a cream but isn’t really. While I would normally recommend a product that I love as much as this one, I can’t really see myself continuing to purchase it simply because I know that I can basically get the same results with a much less expensive products. The brand name alone explains why this product has so much hype surrounding it.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312061489130430/k2311a062/6.2.11