ReliOn Fast Acting Glucose Tablets, Orange  » Medicine  »
  • They are also easy to find at Walmart or online, and cost under $2 a tube
  • There are several flavors, but I like orange best
  • I've only tried them once, being that I only use these for emergencies, and I prefer to raise my glucose with hypoglycemic-friendly healthy foods
  • I was pretty impressed, since the fastest thing I had found prior to raise my glucose (without resorting to soda or sugar) was an apple, where I could feel a change from that in 2 minutes
  • They're great for keeping on hand for emergencies, and for that, I would recommend them to anyone suffering from low blood sugar.

• by WendyBird

Being reactive hypoglycemic (low blood sugar), I have to plan my whole day around food. Food tends to control me, so that I cannot go anywhere without snacks in my bag, or else I would not be able to go anywhere (my having to eat every 2 to 3 hours) . Besides healthy foods that I must consume, I also take an emergency tube of ReliOn Fast Acting Glucose Tablets in my pocket, and the people I am with always know they are there, in case I am having an episode and I need “help” and cannot function enough to realize I need it. I buy them because they contain 4 grams of fast acting carbs, which

will raise my glucose quickly, and bring me out of danger, should I need it. They are also easy to find at Walmart or online, and cost under $2 a tube. They last for most of a year, so even if I don’t use them, I feel it’s an exceptional value for a little peace of mind.

There are several flavors, but I like orange best. They have no fat, no caffeine, and no sodium added, so all I am getting is pure glucose (and a couple of hard-to-pronounce ingredients for the flavoring.) I like the tube which will stay closed in my pocket, and is small enough that it doesn’t make a large bulge and ...

• look weird. There are ten chewable tablets in each tube, and they sort of taste like Vitamin C chewables. I liked the flavor though they are sweet.

I’ve only tried them once, being that I only use these for emergencies, and I prefer to raise my glucose with hypoglycemic-friendly healthy foods. But, I was curious at how fast acting they really were, so I allowed my glucose to drop, and tried one. After I got it down, it didn’t take but maybe 60 seconds before I could feel a change. In 2 to 3 minutes, I felt more clarity, and could function better. I was pretty impressed, since the fastest thing I had found

prior to raise my glucose (without resorting to soda or sugar) was an apple, where I could feel a change from that in 2 minutes.

I think these are great for hypoglycemics, for those times when we become difficult and do not realize that the solution to our problem is to eat, and it’s also good for diabetics who have hypoglycemic episodes. I was able to keep a crash from resulting by eating a little protein after “coming to”, so to speak, after eating the tablet, so I had no ill effects from it. They’re great for keeping on hand for emergencies, and for that, I would recommend them to anyone suffering from low blood sugar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262061489020430/k2311a062/6.2.11