Post Spoon- Sized Shredded Wheat Lightly Frosted
  • I love spoon size Frosted Shredded Wheat, but I don’t love the fact that they use gelatin in their cereal
  • Both the Post and the Kellogg’s brand taste exactly the same to me so having to switch brands was no problem at all
  • Plus, I noticed that Post is made with just sugar and not corn syrup
  • I know I said I was glad it had sugar and not corn syrup but it has 12 grams per serving
  • I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this again or recommend this to anyone and I am really glad to have found it

• by stuckinarut

I love spoon size Frosted Shredded Wheat, but I don’t love the fact that they use gelatin in their cereal. It seems very unnecessary to me. For that reason alone I stopped eating it all together. It wasn’t until my friend introduced me to Post brand Lightly Frosted Shredded Wheat, made without gelatin, that I started to love spoon size shredded wheat again. Before that I didn’t even know that Post sold any form

of shredded wheat.

Both the Post and the Kellogg’s brand taste exactly the same to me so having to switch brands was no problem at all. Plus, I noticed that Post is made with just sugar and not corn syrup. The Kellogg’s brand is made with sugar but also corn syrup. You would think it wouldn’t be with all the recent hype of anti-corn syrup.

I like the size of the spoon size. They are not ...

• too big and not too small. A couple will fit perfectly on a spoon, though I, personally, can only eat one at a time. They expand and soften a little in milk. Although they do not get soggy. At least they do not get soggy by the time you get to the bottom of a big bowl.

The bad thing is this cereal is really high in sugar. I know I said I was glad

it had sugar and not corn syrup but it has 12 grams per serving. That is a lot. I guess though it is a better alternative to the refined sugar cereals out there, since this is truly whole grain.

Post Spoon Sized Shredded Wheat Lightly Frosted taste good and is comparable in taste to the other brand. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this again or recommend this to anyone and I am really glad to have found it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272061488970430/k2311a062/6.2.11