RA 100% Pure Shea Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • Never before had I decided to use shea butter in my hair until I went natural
  • That's when I found Recho Ayumaah (RA) 100% Pure Shea Butter on the bottom shelf
  • I was very concerned about doing the best possible things for my hair, so I decided to buy it

• by LissaK

Never before had I decided to use shea butter in my hair until I went natural. It was essential for me to use hair products that would protect my hair rather than weigh my hair down with harsh and damaging chemicals. I knew that going natural meant that I would no longer use chemical relaxers but I did not know what else it would entail. I first got the idea to use shea butter on my hair from natural women on YouTube. One woman in particular mentioned how it’s great for stretching the hair. Stretching the hair is a natural, no heat way of getting the hair to elongate and have

more of a straighter style rather than be so bunched up in an afro.

I was in my local beauty supply store looking for pure shea butter and I could not find any at first. I kept finding products that were mixtures of shea butters, creams rather than actual shea butter. That’s when I found Recho Ayumaah (RA) 100% Pure Shea Butter on the bottom shelf. Initially I did not like the smell. I was used to using fruity and floral scents in my hair. This smelled more like bacon grease or animal fat. However I really was concerned about taking care of my hair and seeing that it said 100% Pure ...

• Shea Butter on the container I could at least be sure it was the right stuff. I was very concerned about doing the best possible things for my hair, so I decided to buy it.

The first time I tried to use it I wasn’t sure how to get it out of the container! It was so thick and I didn’t know how I could smooth it on my hair. That is when I read about how shea butter heats up and gets more of a soft consistency when you let it sit on your skin first or place it in the microwave. I decided to put some on the back of

my hand and sure enough the shea butter softened! The RA 100% Pure Shea Butter did wonders for my hair! I put it on after I wash and condition my hair at night and when I wake up in the morning my hair feel so smooth and conditioned. I also like the other things I read on the container, like how it could be used to treat minor burns, too sooth irritated skin and to help treat scars and stretch marks. I have a small scar on my face that I have been using the shea butter on every night and I truly feel like it’s helped to diminish the appearance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051488350731/k2311a0531/5.31.11