Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multi-Purpose Brush  » Cosmetics  »
  • Target has little displays of the Sonia Kashuk brushes that you can actually feel and play around with in the makeup aisle of the store so I actually got the chance to pick the brush up before I paid for it
  • Unfortunately, after using this brush to apply my foundation for about two weeks, I do not really like it
  • Another thing that I disliked about this brush was that it was not as soft as I thought it would be
  • However, not cleaning the brush means that it will get very stiff and hard to maneuver so it definitely needs to be cleaned on a regular basis
  • As is, I do not really recommend this product

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multi-Purpose Brush from my local Target. I don’t really have an extensive makeup brush collection so I was looking for something to apply both liquid and powder foundation with. Target has little displays of the Sonia Kashuk brushes that you can actually feel and play around with in the makeup aisle of the store so I actually got the chance to pick the brush up before I paid for it. Even though I got to pick it up in the store, I did not get to actually try it out with makeup. Unfortunately, after using this brush to apply my foundation for about two weeks, I do not really like it.

My number one pet peeve about a brush is when the hairs

fall out. This particular brush sheds so much! With each use, more and more hairs come out. It literally feels like the brush is falling apart in my hands. Another thing that I disliked about this brush was that it was not as soft as I thought it would be. For some reason, the display brush in the store felt insanely soft to me but when I actually tried this brush on my face at home, it was not that soft.

Something that I do like about this brush is how dense it is. At least, the brush started off really dense before it began to lose hairs. Because of how tightly packed the hairs are, it takes much longer to dry than a lot of the other brushes I own so ...

• cleaning the brush can be a real hassle. However, not cleaning the brush means that it will get very stiff and hard to maneuver so it definitely needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. I purchased this brush specifically to use with liquid foundations but the liquid just gunks up in the center of the brush and makes it harder to use. That can get very frustrating so now I don’t really know what to use it for. I guess this brush is average for using with powder foundation, but still not as good as I would like it to be. It doesn’t give as even a distribution of product as the more expensive brushes that I own. I guess one of the only real positives I can say about
        this product is that it is affordable. For people who can’t really afford to go out and buy MAC or Sigma brushes, this is probably a good choice but because it sheds so easily, I can’t see this brush lasting very long.

Overall, I have to give the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multi-Purpose Brush a rating of a 6 out of 10. As I mentioned before, I only have very lukewarm feelings towards it. I will definitely continue to use it but I will probably not repurchase this or any other Sonia Kashuk brushes in the future just because it is not as high quality as I expected it to be. If this brush did not shed so much, it would be so much better. As is, I do not really recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051488120631/k2311a0531/5.31.11