Jane Iredale Amazing Base Mineral Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I recently purchased the Jane Iredale Amazing Base Mineral Foundation
  • That is higher than the foundation that I typically use (SPF 15) so I love the added protection of my skin from the sun
  • I would definitely say that this product only has light coverage and is not buildable enough to achieve even medium coverage with a bit of layering
  • I was not the only one who noticed how terrible this foundation made my skin look

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Jane Iredale Amazing Base Mineral Foundation. . This is a mineral makeup and I tend to love mineral makeup products so I was shocked that this one just did not do it for me. It did not break me out or irritate my skin at all, but it did not give me the flawless coverage that I expect out of a good foundation.

The first thing that I should mention about this product is that the color selection is absolutely amazing. There is so much variety. You can choose from neutral, warm, cool, and global colors and within these categories, there are a variety of shades ranging from light to dark. It was not hard for me to find my shade at all even

though I usually struggle with this decision. There is even a really handy color guide online with pictures of actual people as examples of what shade would match best. I also like that this foundation has SPF 20. That is higher than the foundation that I typically use (SPF 15) so I love the added protection of my skin from the sun.

Other than the awesome color selection and the SPF, I do not really like this foundation much at all. The coverage is terrible. I would definitely say that this product only has light coverage and is not buildable enough to achieve even medium coverage with a bit of layering. It was also not a very blendable product so for some reason, my skin tone still looked pretty ...

• uneven after application. It is just a patchy looking foundation. I expect makeup to make my skin look flawless and this foundation did not help me accomplish that goal. This product was pretty lightweight on the skin but that is pretty true of most mineral makeup powder foundations that I have tried.

The thing that I hated the most about this foundation is the fact that it really emphasized my pores. They looked huge. For whatever reason, this powder just did not absorb into certain areas of my face and the powder basically sat right on top of some of my largest pores, making them look even more noticeable. I knew that I would never purchase this foundation again the moment my sister took a really close look

at my face and asked me what was wrong. I had to explain that I was trying out a new mineral foundation and she basically confirmed that it was not working out so well. I was not the only one who noticed how terrible this foundation made my skin look.

Overall, I have to give the Jane Iredale Amazing Base a rating of a 3 out of 10. Do not waste your money on this product. I was very disappointed with it. There are so many other great foundations out there and this one was definitely not worth the time or the energy I spent trying to get it to make my skin look good. This is way too expensive to not work well so I will definitely not be repurchasing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051488040631/k2311a0531/5.31.11