Marc Anthony Damage Repair Intensive Treatment
  • I hadn’t heard much about whether the product worked or not, but “intensive treatment” is something I thought that I could definitely use
  • Unfortunately, this “intensive” treatment was only mediocre
  • Nothing special happened and I am overall not that impressed by it
  • I do agree that this product helps to add shine back to the hair, but that is just one small positive
  • I will definitely not be repurchasing this product

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Marc Anthony Damage Repair Intensive Treatment. To be quite honest, the name influenced me to purchase it more than anything else. I hadn’t heard much about whether the product worked or not, but “intensive treatment” is something I thought that I could definitely use. My hair has recently become much thinner due to all of the heat styling I inflict upon it. I needed something that would help fix major damage and I thought that this product would be it. Unfortunately, this “intensive” treatment was only mediocre. It did not seem to work much like a deep conditioner at all. It gave me the same results as a very basic, non-intensive conditioner. Nothing special happened and I am overall not that impressed by it.

The thing that I am most mad about when it comes to this product is the fact that the packaging makes the claim that this will “rescue extremely dry damaged hair in

just one or two applications a week.” I followed the instructions and did two applications a week. I wanted to use it for a long period of time to ensure that I was seeing what it really had the power to do. It did not “rescue” my hair after the first week and it has now been a month and I have yet to see any major results. It has not prevented breakage or tamed frizzing as promised. Yes, my hair does feel smoother after using this product but it is not much different than the very basic, much less expensive conditioner that I was using before this one. My hair does not look or feel any healthier than before. I do agree that this product helps to add shine back to the hair, but that is just one small positive. I would rather have healthier hair than shiny hair. This product also has not helped to promote hair ...

• growth in any noticeable way. My hair has always grown pretty slowly and it still does even though I have used this product exactly as instructed twice a week. My hair is a little less brittle than before, but not so much that I do not still get split ends and have breakage. I really wanted a product that would help to thicken my hair and get it healthy again but this is definitely not it.

Another thing that I have to complain about is the fact that this product feels so greasy! I know that it is eventually washed out of the hair with water but I hate the consistency of it upon initial application and if you’re someone who hates greasy products, you should probably be aware of this. The only positive I could say about this is that it really does penetrate the hair and a small amount of this product goes a long way. I

have very long hair. It is almost down to the middle of my back and it is also very thick, but I only need to use about a dime sized amount of this product to really coat all of my hair. I guess another positive would be that this product smells good. It isn’t too overwhelming. It just has a slight clean scent to it that I can still smell in my hair even a few hours after getting out of the shower.

Overall, I have to give the Marc Anthony Damage Repair Intensive Treatment a rating of a 6 out of 10. It did not wow me at all and it definitely did not transform my hair in any noticeable way. Though I like the scent and the fact that this penetrates the hair well, it has a weird greasy consistency and has not done anything significant for the health of my hair. I will definitely not be repurchasing this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051488030631/k2311a0531/5.31.11