Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • This particular eye shadow cost me $22 for one tin which is very pricey so I had high expectations for it
  • I spent so much money on it because the packaging made a lot of claims that I thought sounded pretty appealing
  • I have oily eyelids so this is definitely a contributing factor to the fading over time, but I used a primer to prevent the oil from really affecting this eye shadow and it still did not really do anything for the staying power
  • It goes on smoothly so it is easy to create a precise line and it dries as a matte black which looks amazing around the eyes

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow because I needed a good basic black shadow. I use black eye shadow often so I am very picky about it. Whether I am creating a basic smoky eye or using it to set my liner, I need a black eye shadow that is not only intense but also has staying power. It can’t fade throughout the night or else I will hate it. This particular eye shadow cost me $22 for one tin which is very pricey so I had high expectations for it. I spent so much money on it because the packaging made a lot of claims that I thought sounded pretty appealing. It supposedly has a long lasting formula and is creamy, two qualities that

I tend to like in a black eye shadow.

My general opinion of this product is that it makes a much better eye liner than it does an eye shadow so I kind of feel deceived that it was marketed as an eye shadow. It just seems like I picked up the wrong product. This is just like MAC’s Blacktrack Fluidline. When I try to wear this as an eye shadow, it creases a lot more than I would like it to. It is also not as long lasting as the packaging claims that it is. Though it starts off as a pretty rich, intense black, by the end of the first night that I wore it, it had faded considerably to more of a dark grey. I have worn it on multiple ...

• occasions since then and have found the same results. I have oily eyelids so this is definitely a contributing factor to the fading over time, but I used a primer to prevent the oil from really affecting this eye shadow and it still did not really do anything for the staying power.

As I mentioned before, this product is so much better as a black eyeliner. It goes on smoothly so it is easy to create a precise line and it dries as a matte black which looks amazing around the eyes. Again, the staying power is not fantastic but I much prefer the way this product works as a liner than as a shadow.

Something that I did like about the Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow is the fact

that it removes easily. I did not have to scrub at it forever with a makeup remover to get it off of my lid which really shocked me because intense black eye makeup products tend to be the hardest to get off of the skin.

Overall, I have to give the Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eye Shadow a rating of a 6 out of 10. I will probably not continue to purchase it because I did not need another gel liner and that is basically what this is. If it worked better as an eye shadow as was promised on the label, I would like this product a lot more. As is, the lack of staying power and the creasing are too annoying for me to want to use this any longer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051488020631/k2311a0531/5.31.11