Dove Damage Therapy Daily Treatment Conditioner 8oz  » Health  »
  • The back of my hair was where the real problem lay
  • Unfortunately it doesn’t quite do what the Clairol tube did, so I had to consider it a fail
  • I would still recommend it for anyone who needs a good conditioner to moisturize and detangle their hair

• by reviewabit

When I switched from using Clairol hair color kits to Loreal, I really missed the little conditioner tubes that came with the Clairol kits. I did not realize at the time that you could buy them separately, so I was trying to find something similar to use to replace them. Although it seems silly, I was more inspired to try products that came in a tube– hoping maybe they had borrowed the ideal from the Clairol product. One of the tubed products I tried was this Dove Damage Therapy conditioner.

It could be used every day, which I needed– and I am

quite a big fan of Dove products in general, so I had high hopes. The daily damage repair does not specify that it is to be left on for any particular amount of time, so I just used it as I would any conditioner, the same as I did with the Clairol. There were not many ingredients I recognized in the formula.

It was a standard chemical laden type, but it did have glycerin, almond oil, wheat protein, and coconut oil. When I first used the conditioner, I tried it out with a shampoo that I normally used with the Clairol tube. The product has a nice soft scent, typical of Dove shampoos and conditioners.

It will linger in the hair for a few hours, but is so gentle that it will not interfere with other smells. I worked it through my hair, and it felt nice, a little thicker and heavier than some conditioners, but with excellent detangling qualities. I was able to get most of the tangles out of my hair just by running my fingers through it under the water after rinsing out the conditioner.

After blow drying my hair, I took a good look at it. The back ...

•   Dove Damage Therapy Daily Treatment Conditioner 8oz
      of my hair was where the real problem lay. It is frizzy and damaged, and the Clairol conditioner makes it smoother and prepares it for flat ironing.

It also seems to make the straightening last longer and keep it from frizzing up later in the day. This conditioner seemed to give my hair lots of body, which is very good for the top portion of my hair, which is thinning. The back mostly needs the opposite of what the front needs, which is another reason why it is difficult to find the right product for me.

I used the InStyler on my

hair, partially straightening and curling it. It really looked great, but after a few hours, the frizz started to show in the back. I think this is an excellent conditioner.

If I did not have the frizz problem, I would love it. Unfortunately it doesn’t quite do what the Clairol tube did, so I had to consider it a fail. I don’t fault Dove, I just have weird hair.

I would still recommend it for anyone who needs a good conditioner to moisturize and detangle their hair. For any other hair type but mine, it’s probably perfect. Dove is a great company that makes excellent products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431051487890631/k2311a0531/5.31.11