Jamberry Nails  » Cosmetics  »
  • I had heard nothing but raving reviews about them, but I did not have a happy experience with them
  • I prefer the method of application offered by Jamberry
  • I thought it was cute they had seasonal ones, I could see a lot of people using the Christmas ones
  • I found the ones I ordered to be exactly as pictured, the computer color looked just like what I got
  • They were so perfect for travel, they really should mention it more on their site how convenient they are

• by mamjess

I am a mad beauty product fan. I fall for all the newest trends because they are so fun to try. Recently I tried the Sally Hanssen Nail Effects strips and was unhappy with them. I had heard nothing but raving reviews about them, but I did not have a happy experience with them. Then a friend suggested I try this product which is very similar. I would say these two companies, have the biggest competition over nail strips as I am unaware of other companies which make similar products.

About these strips. They are not made of nail polish like the Sally Hansen ones. They are closer to a sticker. This meant they did not look as natural as the Sally Hansen ones but it also means I did not lose a single one to breaking when I applied them like I did with the Sally ones. When I first tried the Sally ones it took me about a half an hour to apply them just to my nails and two of

them broke which made them useless. The Jamberry ones took around the same time but none broke and they were easier to apply. I prefer the method of application offered by Jamberry. To use, you peel it off and hold it by the sides and use a blow dryer to soften the strip, then you put it on your nail and add more heat and press firmly. You reapply heat and pressure as needed and then you trim them down. It is pretty difficult to mess this up and they even offer a very clear how to apply video on the website.

One thing I liked about these is how many colors they offered on the website. They seem to offer around 20 options at any time and the prints change by season. I thought it was cute they had seasonal ones, I could see a lot of people using the Christmas ones. I found the ones I ordered to be exactly as pictured, the computer color looked just like what I got.

The time it ...

• took from ordering to arrive at my door was great. It took about 3 days total. I was very happy with their shipping time.

When you go to buy these it looks more expensive than the Sally Hansen nails which cost $10 most places and these are $15, but trust me since they do not lose their sticking ability once you open the package like the Sally Hansen ones there is less waste so you will be able to make them go further for the $15. They seem to be trying to advertise themselves more by having specials. I was able to buy them for around $7 including shipping and none of them were sold out which made me very happy. I had gone to several drug stores hoping to buy the Sally Hansen zebra ones and they were always sold out, in fact all the patterns I was interested in were always sold out. It was much easier to go online, place my order with Jamberry and get exactly what I wanted. They had a

much better selection and they came right to my house.

I give these an A. I put them on very easily, they stayed on for 3 weeks on my toes, and 10 days on my fingers. I ended up wearing these on a long vacation. They were so perfect for travel, they really should mention it more on their site how convenient they are. All I did was apply them before I left and took my nail scissors and, the strips and the nail buffing board with me. I have had nail polish remover and polish break in my luggage before and it was so nice to not have to take them. I ended up losing one during my trip and I pulled out the hotel hairdryer, got out my strips and in less than 5 minutes it looked perfect. I will never travel with anything but these again. To remove all you need is a hair dryer, and every hotel I have ever stayed in provides one. It really could not be easier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051487740531/k2311a0531/5.31.11