Kenzo Jungle L’elephant Kenzo Perfume (for women)  » Perfume  »
  • The thing I adore most though is the fact I get to encounter and test some interesting and rare fragrances that I probably wouldn't have even have heard of if it wasn't through work
  • This is definitely suited to evening wear as it has a richness and sexy tone to it that may be a little too overpowering for average daytime usage
  • I found this suited my skin tone perfectly for intimate evenings out with my partner though it is up to the individual when and how you wear a fragrance as there are no rules

• by Ticktock

I adore my job of working part time in a perfume store for the main reason that I get to lose myself in my passion of testing beautiful fragrances and get paid for it. The thing I adore most though is the fact I get to encounter and test some interesting and rare fragrances that I probably wouldn’t have even have heard of if it wasn’t through work.

Whilst I have been a fan of the Kenzo Flower perfumes in the past I was surprised and a little bit excited to notice a fragrance called Kenzo Jungle L’Elephant Kenzo for Women. I have to say I hadn’t heard of this until I came across it though it was actually launched way back in 1996 so was this not up to scratch or was it a secret gem I had uncovered?

The bottle itself is very eye catching in the fact that the stopper is in the art form of a golden cast elephant. It may not sound overly splendid but it really has a rich and decadent glamour to it that rings of the 1920’s and would look superb placed

at the forefront of one’s dressing table.

The bottle itself is presented to us in a rather basic looking transparent square with a single golden line down one side though the golden elephant who sits upon the lid more than makes up for any plainness.

For buying purposes I will just state that this comes in a 100ml Eau De Parfum Spray and costs around the £48 mark ( in my place of work anyway) though is also available in a 30ml and a 50ml size.

The fragrance itself is made up of the following notes~

Top notes: *Cardamom *Cumin *Mandarin *Clove

Heart notes: *Licorice *Heliotrope *Mango *Ylang ylang

All this rests on a base of: *Vanilla *Amber *Patchouli *Cashmere

My personal thoughts on using this fragrance~ I must admit what initially caught my eye with this eau de parfum spray has got to be the bottle! It’s so elegantly eye catching and amazingly aesthetically pleasing that you just can’t help but to be drawn towards it’s beauty. That aside it’s the actual scent that matters though even if this was disgusting I would seriously want to purchase it for the bottle alone.

The first thing that ...

• comes to mind on spritzing onto my skin is the warmth of the opening notes. These come in the form of the likes of cumin, cardamom and clove and are unexpected opening notes in my opening. They create a warmth and heat on that initial first spray and are followed by a welcoming mandarin which creates a zesty note and balances it out a little.

The fact that licorice features heavily in the heart notes does little to extinguish any heat and just adds to the whole ensemble but in a good way as this is like nothing I have ever worn before in my life but in a good way.

The mango is very powerful in the heart notes but I’m afraid I couldn’t detect the heliotrope nor the ylang ylang which was slightly disappointing though didn’t make the fragrance any less attractive so maybe that’s a good thing (too many cooks and all that?).

Once the scent was well and truly settled the warmth just continued with the sweetness of the vanilla and the woody amber, patchouli and cashmere. I’m a fan of vanilla at most times but think if

it is used in the correct way as a base note it becomes stronger and more prominent and less sweeter so doesn’t have the sickly overtone that it can sometimes carry.

This has just the right level of sweetness and is mainly an earthy and warm smelling fragrance and I cannot believe I havn’t come across this before. It’s such an unusual scent and like I have just mentioned it is like nothing I have ever tested in my life before.

This is definitely suited to evening wear as it has a richness and sexy tone to it that may be a little too overpowering for average daytime usage. I found this suited my skin tone perfectly for intimate evenings out with my partner though it is up to the individual when and how you wear a fragrance as there are no rules.

This is probably for ladies in their thirties upwards as it has a sexy sophistication to it that would be perhaps lost on the younger end of the market? That again though is just my personal opinion.

I adore this fragrance and have already ordered myself the large bottle so why this wasn’t more well known I just can’t understand.

10 out of 10 for me no question.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5631051487730531/k2311a0531/5.31.11