Desert Essence Shea Butter Repairing Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I love to purchase new organic products, especially for hair care
  • Unfortunately, the cons of this product outweigh the pros
  • Overall, this is an organic product that I will avoid in the future

• by SkisAndTrees

I love to purchase new organic products, especially for hair care. I am very opposed to chemicals in my hair products, but I have difficulty finding chemical-free products that leave my hair as smooth and shiny as standard drug-store brands. The most recent organic hair conditioner I tried out was Desert Essence brand Shea Butter Repairing Conditioner.

First, I will start with the pros

of this conditioner. The conditioner uses shea butter, which is an ingredient I am very fond of. Shea butter products are almost always great for hydration, and this conditioner did not let me down in that sense. The product did leave my hair well-hydrated. Additionally, the product is organic and contains many natural ingredients, which I always view as a huge plus. Finally, this conditioner is priced very reasonably, especially considering it is an organic product.

Unfortunately, the cons of this product outweigh the pros. Though the conditioner works, and hydrates the hair, it left my hair with an unpleasant filmy texture. Additionally, I needed to use a large amount of conditioner to get the same detangling effects of standard drug-store conditioners. A ...

• Desert Essence Shea Butter Repairing Conditioner
      final con is the smell of the product. Though I don’t believe it left any lingering unpleasant smells, the initial smell of the conditioner after squirting it out of the bottle was terrible. It had a powerful scent, reminiscent of vomit, that filled up the entire shower area. In fact, the unpleasant smell has deterred me from using this product in the
      morning when my stomach is queasy.

Overall, this is an organic product that I will avoid in the future. The moisturizing effects are fine, but too much product is needed for this to be competitive with other products in my mind. Furthermore, the unpleasant filmy texture it leaves on my hair, coupled with the sour scent, will prevent me from buying this product again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131051487680531/k2311a0531/5.31.11