Continental Park Hotel, Lucerne  » Hotels  »
Murbacherstrasse 4, Lucerne 6002, Switzerland
  • All in all, I had a relaxing, convenient, and comfortable stay at the Continental Park Lucerne
  • The winning factor it has is definitely its location and the relaxed and lovely vibe that you would get in the area

• by TheCity

I recently went to Lucerne, Switzerland, on a vacation. The hotel we stayed at was the Continental Park Lucerne. It is centrally located, as it is just a few blocks away from the train station and a few minutes walk from the famous tourist sights such as the beautiful Chapel bridge, churches, etc. The train station has food stalls and supermarket that is open until quite late. For convenience, you could not ask for more.

Right beside it is a lovely little park with a life-sized chess board, tall shady trees, and playground for the children. It also has a little café that sells sandwiches, coffee, etc. There are also many

food and drink establishments within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is in a quiet and relaxing area which is actually just a few blocks away from the main sights, which makes it perfect.

The hotel is not that big, but is comfortable. The lobby was small but cozy. The twin room we had was bright and spacious enough for two of us, although one complaint we had about it was that the comforter and the blanket is one and the same, without a layer of sheet in between the comforter and the actual bed. It was the first time I’ve ever seen a bed like this in a hotel and we found it ...

• quite unappealing and unhygienic. The bed a little bit too low for my liking. However, aside from these, the room appeared clean and we were comfortable enough and had a good night’s rest. The free wi-fi offered in the rooms is another definite plus.

Our package included breakfast buffet which is just the typical buffet in most hotels such as eggs, bacons, bread, etc. We also had one dinner inside the hotel, which was a set meal already prepared in advance by the hotel. It consisted of clear soup, fried fish with rice and peas, and orange cream for dessert. It was alright, but nothing special. We appreciated the fact that they

provided each of us a printed menu with the date on it. The staff was friendly and efficient enough, and we especially appreciated the small personalized touches such as the menu.

A room at the Continental Park Lucerne costs around CHF 200 a night. You could probably hunt around and find a hotel that provides more value for money, but this for me, isn’t bad already.

All in all, I had a relaxing, convenient, and comfortable stay at the Continental Park Lucerne. The winning factor it has is definitely its location and the relaxed and lovely vibe that you would get in the area. I only wish we could have stayed a few days more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 231051487450531/k2311a0531/5.31.11