Turkey Kielbasa with Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I found this recipe for Turkey Kielbasa with Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook
  • Even though the recipe seemed a little odd it also looked interesting, because it's unlike anything I've ever made before, and sometimes different is a good thing
  • Plus, I'm usually not disappointed by the recipes in this cookbook, so I decided making it was worth the risk
  • I like all of the individual ingredients in this recipe, but I wasn't sure if I would like them all together in one dish
  • I highly recommend Turkey Kielbasa with Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples for anyone who is looking for a creative dish to make for dinner

• by Davis Tucker

I found this recipe for Turkey Kielbasa with Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook. It’s not one of the first recipes I’ve made from this cookbook, because the combination of ingredients in the title seemed a little odd to me. I passed over it several times before finally deciding to try it. Even though the recipe seemed a little odd it also looked interesting, because it’s unlike anything I’ve ever made before, and sometimes different is a good thing. Plus, I’m usually not disappointed by the recipes in this cookbook, so I decided making it was worth the risk.

Here is the ingredient list for Turkey Kielbasa with

Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples:

1 bottle (12 ounces) of dark beer or ale 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard 1/2 teaspoon of caraway seeds 6 cups of coarsely shredded cabbage 1 pound of fully cooked turkey kielbasa, cut into 2-inch pieces 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/4-inch wedges 1 can (16 ounces) of sweet potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes

Here are the directions for making it:

First, combine the beer, mustard and caraway seeds in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat and add the cabbage. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cabbage is crisp-tender. Next, add the kielbasa, apple and sweet potatoes and increase the ...

• heat to high. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until the apple is crisp-tender.

I like all of the individual ingredients in this recipe, but I wasn’t sure if I would like them all together in one dish. I was most concerned about how the apple would taste with everything. I was worried that it would overpower the other ingredients. However, I was pleasantly surprised, because I thought the apple blended nicely in the dish. I thought all of the ingredients complemented each other nicely. I don’t think there was too much or too little of anything. The

combination of sweet and mildly spicy was very good. I especially liked the kielbasa and sweet potatoes together. This dish was full of flavor, and it was a very satisfying meal.

Overall, I really liked this recipe, and there’s nothing I would change about it. My only regret is not trying it sooner. If I hadn’t initially judged the recipe by its title, I probably would have already made it several times for dinner. I think it’s a completely unique recipe with a terrific combination of flavors, and it definitely helped open up my mind to trying new things. I highly recommend Turkey Kielbasa with Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples for anyone who is looking for a creative dish to make for dinner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4930051487410531/k2311a0530/5.30.11