The Potato Diet  » Health  »
  • I've failed at many diets, and I think the main reason is that the menu plans are unsatisfying
  • I was searching the Internet for diets that don't require starvation when I found the Potato Diet
  • I was immediately interested, because the menu plan included potatoes, and I love eating potatoes
  • After taking a closer look at the Potato Diet's menu plan I decided that it looked more than sufficient, so I decided I wanted to try it
  • In my opinion, this is one of the best diet plans currently available

• by Davis Tucker

I’ve failed at many diets, and I think the main reason is that the menu plans are unsatisfying. I was searching the Internet for diets that don’t require starvation when I found the Potato Diet. I was immediately interested, because the menu plan included potatoes, and I love eating potatoes. The majority of the diet plans I previously tried did not permit you to eat potatoes. After taking a closer look at the Potato Diet’s menu plan I decided that it looked more than sufficient, so I decided I wanted to try it. Additionally, it claims that you can lose over 6 pounds in one week. Overall, it initially appeared to be more promising than any of the other diets I’ve tried, so I decided that it would be worth a week of my time.

Here is the Potato Diet’s menu plan that I followed:

Breakfast- coffee or tea with skimmed milk Brunch - a yogurt Snack - a

yogurt or fruit juice and an apple

Menu 1 Lunch - chicken without the skin and potatoes (200-250 grams) Dinner - pepper salad and potatoes Menu 2 Lunch - oven baked omelette Dinner - fish (served as wished) and potatoes (1 serving) Menu 3 Lunch - potatoes with boiled green beans Dinner - potato, radish and mushroom salad served with virgin olive oil Menu 4 Lunch - grilled or oven baked salmon and potatoes (1 serving) Dinner - boiled chicken, potato and celery salad Menu 5 Lunch - grilled steak and potatoes (1 serving) Dinner - potato, sweet pepper salad and a yogurt Menu 6 Lunch - potatoes (1 serving) Dinner - fish (served as wished) and an oven baked or steamed potato Menu 7 Lunch - ...

• oven baked potatoes Dinner - natural tuna and potatoes (1 serving)

In addition to following the meal plan, it’s required that you drink a lot of water. That wasn’t a problem for me, because I always drink water several times a day. The biggest test was whether or not I would feel satisfied and not deprived following the Potato Diet’s menu plan.

This was definitely one of the better diets I’ve followed, because I never felt hungry at the end of the day. I almost felt like I was cheating when I was eating the potatoes. I didn’t feel deprived at all, but I was a little worried whether or not I would actually lose weight. When I finally weighed myself at the end of the week, I was pretty happy to see that I had lost 4 pounds. I was hoping to lose 6 pounds or more, but in my mind any amount of weight loss was a success. At the time,

I considered the pounds I lost a good jump start for long-term weight loss.

I didn’t continue the diet after one week, but I can only blame myself. I think I have a lot of work to do when it comes to discipline. I seem to get bored too easily with routine, and I think I need to pay more attention to following a structured time schedule of eating meals.

I think the Potato Diet definitely offers one of the most fulfilling menu plans available. I failed because I didn’t follow through, but I want to get back on track with my weight loss goal, so I’ll probably try it again. If I really want to apply myself and commit to follow its menu plan for more than one week, I think I’ll eventually be able to achieve long-term weight loss.

I highly recommend the Potato Diet for anyone struggling with weight loss, because I think the menu plan is satisfying, and it could potentially assist with long-term weight loss if a little discipline is practiced. In my opinion, this is one of the best diet plans currently available.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3430051487400531/k2311a0530/5.30.11