Chocolate Velvet Pie Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • This recipe looked like one of the easiest recipes in the cookbook, so I decided to take my chances and try it
  • I thought the pie was rich, but not overly sweet
  • I think less is definitely more when it comes to this recipe, and I'm glad I took a chance and tried it

• by Davis Tucker

This recipe for Chocolate Velvet Pie came from the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook. I passed over this recipe many times before making it, because nothing about it really stood out. The cookbook didn’t have a picture of it, and it just seemed like a really basic dessert. However, one day I needed to make a dessert for an event, and I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare anything. This recipe looked like one of the easiest recipes in the cookbook, so I decided to take my chances and try it.

Here is the ingredient list

for Chocolate Velvet Pie:

2 cups (11.5 ounce package) of Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels 1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, whipped 1 prepared 8-inch chocolate crumb crust sweetened whipped cream chocolate curls (optional) chopped nuts (optional)

Here are the instructions for making the pie:

First, microwave the chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl on medium-high power for 1 minute and stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more and stir until smooth. Then cool to room temperature. Beat the melted chocolate, cream cheese and vanilla in a large mixing bowl ...

• until light in color. Fold in the whipped cream, and then spoon the mixture into the crust. Chill until firm, and top with sweetened whipped cream, chocolate curls and nuts.

Since I didn’t have a picture for reference, I was a little worried how my pie would look when it was finished. I didn’t have to worry for long, because it looked light and creamy and like it could have come from a bakery. After I saw the end result, my only other concern was whether the ingredients would complement one another. Overall, I was really pleased with my

Chocolate Velvet Pie. The chocolate crust seemed to provide the perfect balance to the cream cheese and chocolate morsels. The whipped cream was also a nice complement to the chocolate flavor. I thought the pie was rich, but not overly sweet.

Even though this pie was extremely easy to make, it delivered a result that was above and beyond my expectations. I’m going to keep this recipe close by so I can use it again when I need to make a dessert on short notice. I think less is definitely more when it comes to this recipe, and I’m glad I took a chance and tried it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4930051487390531/k2311a0530/5.30.11