Hearty Beef and Potato Casserole Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love making meat and potatoes for dinner, but sometimes I get stuck in the routine of how I prepare them
  • I thought my meals were starting to taste bland, so I decided to search for new recipes that would make dinner an occasion to look forward to
  • I found this recipe for Hearty Beef and Potato Casserole in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook and decided to make it because it looked like it would be a refreshing change from what I usually make
  • The chipotle sauce also seemed to add just enough spice to the dish to make it interesting
  • Overall, I thought Hearty Beef and Potato Casserole was a great one dish recipe, because it made a very satisfying meal and left little room for improvement

• by Davis Tucker

I love making meat and potatoes for dinner, but sometimes I get stuck in the routine of how I prepare them. I thought my meals were starting to taste bland, so I decided to search for new recipes that would make dinner an occasion to look forward to. I found this recipe for Hearty Beef and Potato Casserole in the Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 One Dish cookbook and decided to make it because it looked like it would be a refreshing change from what I usually make. It looked good in the picture presented in the cookbook, and the recipe seemed like it would be easy to prepare.

Here is the

ingredient list for Hearty Beef and Potato Casserole:

1 package (approximately 17 ounces) of refrigerated fully cooked beef pot roast in gravy 3 cups of frozen hash brown potatoes, divided 1/4 teaspoon of salt 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper 1 can (approximately 14 ounces) of diced tomatoes, well drained 1/2 cup of canned chipotle sauce 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Here are the directions:

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease an 11×7-inch glass baking dish. Next, drain and discard the gravy from the pot roast. Cut the beef into 1/4-inch thick slices and set aside. Place 2 cups of the potatoes in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with ...

• salt and pepper. Then, top with the beef. Combine the tomatoes and chipotle sauce in a small bowl and spread it evenly over the beef. Top with the remaining potatoes and sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese. Lightly cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 20 minutes longer, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

I’m really glad that I tried this recipe, because it was a nice change from my usual routine. The hash brown potatoes were a nice complement to the beef pot roast, and the cheese was really good with this

dish. The chipotle sauce also seemed to add just enough spice to the dish to make it interesting. I think the addition of a few chopped onions would have been nice, but overall, the dish had a nice flavor that was far from bland.

This recipe turned out to be exactly what I was looking for, because it turned dinner that night into more of a special occasion than an obligatory event. I’ll almost certainly make it again, but I may experiment with a few extra ingredients the next time to add even more spice. Overall, I thought Hearty Beef and Potato Casserole was a great one dish recipe, because it made a very satisfying meal and left little room for improvement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4930051487380531/k2311a0530/5.30.11