Hemorr-ice for Hemorrhoids Relief and Treatment (medical device)  » Health  »
  • I have had a problem with hemorrhoids since I was young
  • For obvious reasons, I wanted to avoid a repeat performance of this event
  • There are no side effects, unless you consider awkwardness and shivering side effects
  • I would recommend this for anyone who has serious hemorrhoid pain

• by reviewabit

I have had a problem with hemorrhoids since I was young. Pretty much everyone in my family has them, and there doesn’t seem to be any particular way to prevent this from happening. I had a flare up of a thrombosed hemorrhoid which was very swollen and painful that ended with a surgical procedure which I shall never forget as long as I live.

For obvious reasons, I wanted to avoid a repeat performance of this event. I have tried every kind of cream, pad and suppository out there, and although some are of limited value, most do not really affect the healing time that much.

This product was

recommended to me by my doctor, and I have found it to be helpful, even though I dread having to use it. This little device is about three inches long and thankfully very slender.

It contains a liquid that when put in the freezer, provides a controlled amount of coldness to the internal rectum. It is the principle of cryotherapy, and it works by soothing the tissues and helping to reduce inflammation in the blood vessels.

This reduces swelling, which reduces pain. The product is helpful.

If you are in a lot of pain, it can be uncomfortable to insert, but if you can bear it for ...

• a few minutes, it will actually cause a little numbness and then it won’t be so hard to stick the treatment time out. Obviously, the place you are inserting this is normally very warm and is packed with nerves– so putting something from the freezer in there is not going to be pleasant.

It does have some benefits compared to other treatments. It is easier and less messy than a sitz bath.

It is small and discreet and can be hidden in the freezer. It can be cleaned and reused indefinitely.

(another reason you will not want anyone to know what it is when it’s in the freezer) It can

be used as often as you want or need, because it will not harm the skin or body in any way. There are no side effects, unless you consider awkwardness and shivering side effects.

It beats the heck out of having to have a doctor look at the thing and then suggest horrible alternatives, like rubber bands for internal ones, or lancing (shudder) for external ones. I would recommend this for anyone who has serious hemorrhoid pain.

If you use it a few times a day, you might be able to shrink it to a manageable size, and then wait for it to clear up on its own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051487170931/k2311a0529/5.29.11