Sunwarrior Protein Powder Vanilla 2.2 lbs  » Health  »
0.5
  • Generally, protein powders only add a small amount of taste, and pretty much hide inconspicuously in the delicious recipe of fruits and yogurt, adding healthy protein without anyone being the wiser
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone, unless they have no sense of taste

• by reviewabit

When I was first learning to make smoothies, it was a given that someone was going to tell me to add protein powder. When I didn’t and kept using just fruit with almond milk or yogurt, it was a given that someone was going to give me some protein powder to try. In retrospect, now that I have tried several brands of the stuff, I should have beat them to the punch and chosen my own– they gave me this one– Sunwarrior vanilla flavored protein powder.

It is based in rice protein, so it has a few more carbs than

I need to be eating as a diabetic, but I can have it in moderation, and can certainly use it for the rest of the family. As it turns out, nobody was exactly fighting over it.

This stuff tasted horrible. It had the absolute worst texture of anything I have ever tried to put in a smoothie.

Generally, protein powders only add a small amount of taste, and pretty much hide inconspicuously in the delicious recipe of fruits and yogurt, adding healthy protein without anyone being the wiser. Well, this one sticks out like a sore ...

• thumb.

I do believe if I poured battery acid into a smoothie, the first thing you would notice was the horrible flavor and texture of this product! Ok, maybe that is exaggerating– but it’s bad. I don’t understand why.

It has a sickly artificial sweetener taste, and a flavor much like road dust with vanilla extract. Imagine trying to mix talcum powder into a glass of milk and drink it.

No matter how much fluid you put this stuff in, it still tastes like dry dust. I tried everything I could think of to get past this flavor or to

camouflage it.

Fruit was no match for it. Even ice cream failed.

I didn’t think anything could ruin ice cream. When I made the smoothies with this, nobody wanted to drink them, myself included.

Giving up on the idea but hating to be wasteful, I tried using it in baking recipes to boost protein content. That didn’t really work either, as everyone could still tell it was in there.

I would not recommend this product to anyone, unless they have no sense of taste. It might be healthy and organic, but if you can’t get it past your lips, it is not very useful

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051487140931/k2311a0529/5.29.11