Color Oops Hair Color Remover Extra Strength kit 1 application
  • It is one of the best conditioners you can get and will restore a tumbleweed back into hair almost instantly
  • I would definitely recommend this kit based on the results we got

• by reviewabit

My mother is legally blind and can’t see how to color her own hair, so I am the hairstylist and colorist for both of us. When she recently tried out a new brand of hair color, it turned out to be a disaster. It left her hair a strange creamsicle orange color at the roots, and failed to cover as it was supposed to. I had never seen any hair color behave this way.

It looked horrible and I had to tell her the truth about it before her friends did! We called the 800 number on the box, and they recommended to use the color remover kit, of any brand. I went to the drug store and found the Color Oops kit in extra strength. I

read all the directions, and then applied the product.

It was easy to apply. It does not smell very good, but it is bearable. You need to work quickly, as it will start to visibly lift color as you work.

Fortunately I started at the ends of her hair, which were darker, so the result was pretty much evenly distributed. She said that the product burned her scalp a little, but it was no different that the way permanent hair color kits felt. We were a little concerned because her hair is a bit brittle and dry.

I really hopes we were not making the situation worse, but I had some deep conditioner on hand to treat her hair with after the rinse out. I ...

• had her to wait ten minutes, and then rinse the hair. Here is the part that is important– rinse, rinse and rinse some more, until you think it is impossible to have any water left in your hot water tank.

This is advice I read online– I checked out a few reviews before starting the process, and I am glad I did. My mother tends to do things quickly to get them over with, and this would have been a mistake with the Color Oops kit. I went in to see how she was doing, and surprisingly her hair was quite a bit lighter but no longer day-glow orange.

Enough of the color came out that we felt comfortable with the results. I had been warned that

the hair might re-darken a bit over the next day or so, so we waited a couple of days before trying to recolor her hair. When she got up the next morning, there had indeed been a small amount of darkening, but it was manageable.

From what I understand, the rinsing extensively can help to minimize this darkening effect. My mom’s hair looked as healthy as it did before the treatment. I was very happy about that.

We used a deep conditioner tube that comes with the Clairol hair color kits. It is one of the best conditioners you can get and will restore a tumbleweed back into hair almost instantly. I would definitely recommend this kit based on the results we got.

Just be sure to read the directions carefully.

Marcella says :

I do love color opps its great for when you buy the wrong color, or a color that you thought would look good on you. I really takes out the color fast

Jennifer Davis says :

Recently my oldest dyed her hair and it turned a yellowish green color, will this help to get the green color out? Also are there any possible side effects that I should know about before I use it or would I be better off taking her to a salon?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051487040931/k2311a0529/5.29.11