Mill Creek Botanicals Apple Cinnamon Body Wash 16 oz  » Health  »
  • When I was staying at a Bed and Breakfast in Maine, I got to use an interesting body wash that was supplied in the shower of our bathroom
  • Since it was near Christmas when we used this body wash the first time, it fit the theme perfectly, and I quite enjoyed it
  • I believe it may have some vanilla notes in it too– either that or I simply imagined the ice cream on top
  • Many seem to be “lather challenged” because they most often rely on natural foaming agents and not the detergents that we want to avoid, like sodium lauryl sulfate
  • I would definitely recommend this for fans of apple cinnamon, apple pie, and other spicy smells

• by reviewabit

When I was staying at a Bed and Breakfast in Maine, I got to use an interesting body wash that was supplied in the shower of our bathroom. It was made by Mill Creek Botanicals, a company I was not at the time familiar with. I did not even realize it was a natural product until much later on. I just happened to run across a description for it while searching for something else and I remembered how nice it was.

I have never been a fan of apple cinnamon scents for bath and body products in general. They remind me too much of food and Christmas to use year round. Since it was near Christmas when we used this body wash the first

time, it fit the theme perfectly, and I quite enjoyed it.

This wash comes in a large sixteen ounce bottle, and the smell is just like a warm apple pie. I believe it may have some vanilla notes in it too– either that or I simply imagined the ice cream on top! It is a very natural and realistic scent. The warm cinnamon is great under the hot shower, and the apples smell crisp and tart.

The wash lathers pretty well for a natural body wash. Many seem to be “lather challenged” because they most often rely on natural foaming agents and not the detergents that we want to avoid, like sodium lauryl sulfate. This one cleanses well, rinses easily, and leaves you feeling cinnamon-fresh.

The ...

• scent lingers for awhile on your skin, so if you wear a cologne with it, you might want to be sure it is a spicy or fruity one that will go well with apple pie. It leaves your skin very calm and soft, and does not irritate sensitive areas. It is less likely than some washes to dry out your skin, since it doesn’t have all the detergents.

This makes it even more appropriate for winter. I always have drier skin in the winter and have to avoid harsher soaps and body washes. This wash might be a bit more expensive than the standard ones, but you are getting a carefully formulated natural product, and a really good quality scent as well, so it is

worth the price.

I have been looking to buy a bottle again so we can relive the little Maine vacation through smell this winter. I really never thought I would be intentionally looking for an apple cinnamon wash, but this is an exceptional product and I have not found another one that smells this realistic. My mother is an apple-cinnamon fanatic, often buying multiple expensive Yankee candles in the scent, so if I can find a body wash and lotion set for her, it would be the perfect Christmas gift.

I would definitely recommend this for fans of apple cinnamon, apple pie, and other spicy smells. If you like a natural, gentle product for your body that will not dry your skin out, this is a great choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486970931/k2311a0529/5.29.11