Vagi-Gard Povidone-Iodine Medicated Douche Concentrate 8 oz  » Health  »
  • The last time I went to purchase Betadine concentrate, I noticed another brand with a unique feature- it is colorless
  • It actually has ingredients to treat symptoms at the same time you are killing the germs that are causing the problem
  • I bought a bottle of this to keep at home, and surprisingly, it was not as expensive as the Betadine had been
  • This is how my doctor told me to handle the issue
  • I highly recommend that anyone prone to chronic or frequent yeast infections, or anyone with bacterial imbalance issues which can cause the same symptoms, this is a product worth keeping on hand– and it is clear– no more staining

• by reviewabit

Having diabetes means I sometimes am prone to getting yeast infections. An old home remedy for vaginal infections is a douche made with povidone and iodine. You can buy them in pre-measured liquid disposable douches, but if you are using them often, it is much more economical to buy the medicine as a concentrate and add it to water when you need it. It is also much more practical to have the solution on hand all the time, since you never know when you might need it.

It is also capable of treating mild bacterial infection, but not sexually transmitted disease. For years, the number one concentrate in this product slot was Betadine. It is a darkly colored solution that you add to water.

If you spilled it,

yes, it would stain just about anything. The last time I went to purchase Betadine concentrate, I noticed another brand with a unique feature- it is colorless. I had to read the box three times for it to sink in.

This product, although it is made with povidone and iodine, does not have color. I do not understand how it works, but I knew I wanted to try it, because I hated the colored liquid mess. This product, in addition to the usual active ingredients, also contains octoxynol-9, which is a cleansing agent that can help to relieve itching and irritation.

It also has aloe vera, which is very soothing to irritated skin. So this product goes a step farther than the Betadine version. It actually ...

• has ingredients to treat symptoms at the same time you are killing the germs that are causing the problem.

I bought a bottle of this to keep at home, and surprisingly, it was not as expensive as the Betadine had been. I did not get another infection for a long time. Normally, if I feel one starting, I will use a douche for a day or two, and if it is not noticeably improved, I move on to other treatments.

This is how my doctor told me to handle the issue. When I started to have a little bit of itching, I didn’t know the cause, but bacterial or fungal, the povidone and iodine still works. This means it can head off a yeast

infection is caught very early, and also help to balance the bacteria if it is not a yeast infection.

Obviously if you were treating a yeast infection with the usual antifungal, and it turned out to be bacterial, you have wasted time and money. Sometimes, this product can prevent that. After a day or two of using this product, mixed with warm water into a douche syringe, the itching went away, and I was spared a trip to the doctor or a Monistat purchase.

I highly recommend that anyone prone to chronic or frequent yeast infections, or anyone with bacterial imbalance issues which can cause the same symptoms, this is a product worth keeping on hand– and it is clear– no more staining!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486890831/k2311a0529/5.29.11