Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo, 23.7 oz  » Health  »
  • This has been something I have noticed over time when I have tried out natural brands
  • I love the natural brands, and I like that I am exposed to fewer chemicals in using them– but ironically, sometimes I need those chemicals to remove the buildup
  • The solution I use is to wash with a clarifying shampoo for a few days whenever I notice some buildup or change in the texture of my hair from using a particular product or combination of products
  • When I rinsed the lather out of my hair (fantastic lather, as expected) I noticed that the hair immediately felt fuller, even wet
  • I was very happy with this product, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good clarifying shampoo that does not break the bank

• by reviewabit

I use a variety of moisturizing shampoos on my hair, and lots of mousses and other styling products. Needless to say, sometimes I get a little buildup. I have thinning hair on top, and buildup can cause it to feel heavier and affect the volume dramatically. It also makes my hair look dull.

Also, if you have thinning hair, you don’t want a buildup of gunk and chemicals on your scalp, since this can contribute to hair loss. If you use natural shampoos which lack sulfates, you should be aware that some of them do not remove buildup from styling products as well as the

“harsher” mainstream shampoos that do contain detergents. This has been something I have noticed over time when I have tried out natural brands.

I love the natural brands, and I like that I am exposed to fewer chemicals in using them– but ironically, sometimes I need those chemicals to remove the buildup. The solution I use is to wash with a clarifying shampoo for a few days whenever I notice some buildup or change in the texture of my hair from using a particular product or combination of products. There are lots of brands of clarifying shampoos.

I used to use only Neutrogena, but have since learned that there are lots of shampoos that work just as well, and sometimes they are not even labeled as clarifying. I was talking to a friend one day and asked what type of clarifying shampoo she liked, and she recommended this one– Herbal Essences Drama Clean. She loved the way it made her hair feel light and fresh and she said the scent was wonderful.

The next time I was at the store, I checked out the product, and based on the smell alone, decided to buy it. It does smell amazing! The bottle claims it is “berry ...

•    Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Shampoo, 23.7 oz
      tea and orange flower. ” It is simply delicious, and lingers in your hair for hours after you use it.

When I read the ingredients, I had to laugh– for the reasons I explained above. Most shampoos rely on one of three detergents– sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, or cocamidopropyl betaine. This one has all three! No wonder it is called “Drama Clean.

” I hoped that the shampoo would be gentle, despite all the detergents. To be fair, many times these products are indeed gentler than you might expect. I have a confession.

The first time I used the shampoo,

I used it all over– for body wash as well. It smelled so good, I just couldn’t help myself. When I rinsed the lather out of my hair (fantastic lather, as expected) I noticed that the hair immediately felt fuller, even wet.

It did not feel tangled or crunchy and this was a good sign. It dried to the voluminous, soft, shiny hair that my friend had described– and yes I believe it got all of the residue and then some out. I was very happy with this product, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good clarifying shampoo that does not break the bank.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486840831/k2311a0529/5.29.11