Now Foods Chlorella 1000 mg 120 tablets
  • When I heard about how “superfood” supplements could help increase energy and stamina and boost the over all health and immune system, I decided to try adding some to my regimen
  • Since I have had good luck with Now brand supplements, I bought their Chlorella 1000mg tablets to try out
  • I was actually taking fish oil at the time too, and I believe the chlorophyll actually helped to reduce some of the fish oil taste
  • It was not a drastic change, but it was similar to the kind of over-all feeling better that you experience when you switch from a very unhealthy, heavy diet to a light one that is full of fruits and veggies
  • I would definitely recommend this product as part of your health routine

• by reviewabit

When I heard about how “superfood” supplements could help increase energy and stamina and boost the over all health and immune system, I decided to try adding some to my regimen. Since I have had good luck with Now brand supplements, I bought their Chlorella 1000mg tablets to try out. The product is a whole food product, rich in chlorophyll, beta carotene, RNA and DNA. The substance is actually a green single-celled micro-algae.

It was hard to get my head around the idea of taking algae deliberately after having spent the summer trying to kill it in my pool!

I also liked the idea that since it was rich in chlorophyll, it would also perhaps help to prevent body odors. I had used chlorophyll

products in the past for this purpose. When I got the product in, I opened and took a sniff out of curiosity and to also see how big the tablets were and how much of a challenge it would be to swallow them.

For some reason I had assumed they would be huge, but they were actually a manageable size. They smell “green. ” I don’t know of a better way to describe it– green and plant like.

I did not notice tasting the smell later on though, like you sometimes do with supplements like fish oil or garlic. I was actually taking fish oil at the time too, and I believe the chlorophyll actually helped to reduce some of the fish oil taste! I wonder ...

• if anyone has thought of this as a possible fish burp remedy? It seemed to work. After taking the tablets for a couple of weeks, I will admit I felt a bit more energetic.

It was not a drastic change, but it was similar to the kind of over-all feeling better that you experience when you switch from a very unhealthy, heavy diet to a light one that is full of fruits and veggies. You just seem to have more pep and don’t get tired as easily. I was very pleased with the way I felt on the product.

The only problem was that it did irritate my stomach and intestines quite noticeably. I have both irritable bowel syndrome and GERD (lucky me) and a lot

of supplements do tend to cause me problems. With most, it manifests as nausea after taking the pill.

With this one, it was only a slight and quite manageable nausea, but the diarrhea that hit later was the real problem. For some reason, this product made my IBS flare up like crazy. I really wanted to continue taking it, so I tried every natural remedy I could think of to rid myself of the diarrhea, which seemed to wait and hit in the evening every day.

A large dose of fiber and some apple pectin seemed to help, and I was able to take the product without too much trouble as long as I maintained that regimen. I would definitely recommend this product as part of your health routine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486810831/k2311a0529/5.29.11