Sexy Hair Color Me Sexy Moisturizing Shampoo 10 oz.
1.5
  • Although the other shampoo was for thin hair, this was moisturizing, and as it was winter and my hair was feeling a bit dry from another product I had been using lately, I thought maybe the moisturizing would be a better idea anyway
  • This is a turn off for some, but it does have its benefits to avoid the sulfates
  • When I tried it out at home, I noticed the fragrance was not very pleasing to me
  • This is unusual, since I like a wide variety of scents
  • I was just not terribly impressed with this shampoo over all, and I would not recommend it

• by reviewabit

I color my hair regularly at home, and when I was introduced to a sulfate free shampoo called Healthy Sexy Hair Reinvent, I was very happy with the results. When I next looked for it, I couldn’t find it, so I tried this product, which has a similar name. I assumed it would be a similar style product as the other. Although the other shampoo was for thin hair, this was moisturizing, and as it was winter and my hair was feeling a bit dry from another product I had been using lately, I thought maybe the moisturizing would be a better

idea anyway.

This product has UV protectants, and is sulfate free, which is supposed to help prevent color loss. Sodium lauryl sulfate is the most common detergent used in shampoo, and it is responsible for giving the mainstream shampoos their luxurious lathering ability. With a sulfate free shampoo, you often find that they do not lather well, at least not as well as what we are all accustomed to.

This is a turn off for some, but it does have its benefits to avoid the sulfates. The shampoo I was attempting to replace was also sulfate free, which lent

more to the idea that perhaps this was intended to be a copy cat formula. When I tried it out at home, I noticed the fragrance was not very pleasing to me.

I can’t exactly describe why, but it has some sort of fruity note in it that I just didn’t care for. This is unusual, since I like a wide variety of scents. It did not lather as well as the previous shampoo.

I expected it to be “lather challenged” since it was sulfate free, but I knew that other sulfate free shampoos did have a pretty decent lather at ...

• Sexy Hair Color Me Sexy Moisturizing Shampoo 10 oz.
      times, even though it never quite reached the same level as the sodium lauryl sulfate provided. The moisturizing ability of this shampoo seemed to be good. When I dried my hair, it was a bit flat, no volume– but it was well moisturized.

I used a volumizing mousse on it and this seemed to help a bit. After about a week of using the shampoo, which I made myself use since I had paid for it, I noticed that my hair was getting heavier and flatter. I knew there must be some kind of build up, so I used a clarifying

shampoo for a couple of days, and it went back to the way it was before.

I also noticed that my color was not staying as shiny and pretty as it had with the other color protection shampoo. It was looking just as if I had used a regular shampoo. I was just not terribly impressed with this shampoo over all, and I would not recommend it.

It was nothing like the brand I had bought before. There are decent sulfate free shampoos out there, that smell nice, lather well and don’t weigh your hair down. This is not the optimal choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486800831/k2311a0529/5.29.11