Healthy Sexy Hair Reinvent Color Extend Shampoo Fine/Thin Hair 10.1 oz.  » Health  »
  • When I used to have it colored at the salon, I paid hundreds of dollars more a year, and the effects were harsher on my hair than the at-home kits
  • I got to try some of the best conditioners and shampoos for colored and thinning hair on the market
  • The first thing I noticed about it was the very attractive packaging
  • I know it is stupid, but a tall sleek bottle with a silver top just looks good in my bathroom, and that was actually a factor in my purchasing it
  • I would definitely recommend this shampoo for anyone who prefers a sulfate free formula and still wants a great volumizer

• by reviewabit

I regularly color my hair at home, and generally I have been happy with the results. When I used to have it colored at the salon, I paid hundreds of dollars more a year, and the effects were harsher on my hair than the at-home kits. I did learn a few good things from having my hair colored professionally. I got to try some of the best conditioners and shampoos for colored and thinning hair on the market.

My hairstylist, knowing I wanted to extend the color of my hair as well as protect the hair, which was thinning around the top and crown of my head due to unknown causes mixed with age, so she introduced me to a few of her favorite products. Nioxin was

the first system I used, but since it did not give very dramatic results over time, I tried out a few others. One that I really liked was the Healthy Sexy Hair Reinvent shampoo.

This is a sulfate-free shampoo, and my hairdresser felt that I might benefit more by avoiding chemicals as much as possible, especially since I was already doing some damage with coloring it. I later learned that sulfates are detergents which give most shampoos their foaming ability. The sulfate free brands do not foam as well, but this product did a fairly decent job.

The first thing I noticed about it was the very attractive packaging. I know it is stupid, but a tall sleek bottle with a silver top just looks good ...

• in my bathroom, and that was actually a factor in my purchasing it. My partner makes fun of me for this, and insists that I should buy a pretty empty bottle and put whatever cheap shampoo I want in it.

I disagree, since this is a good shampoo– above and beyond the curb appeal. It is pretty, and also smells very nice. It is a clean, fresh, gentle smell that is refreshing, and does not linger long in the hair, so it is not likely to interfere with other fragrances.

Aside from that, this shampoo does two other things exceptionally well. It protects color. I used a whole bottle of the shampoo once, starting right after I got my hair colored, and the color

stayed glossy and rich the whole time.

When I ran out and used a different brand, I could see a difference within only a couple of weeks. That made me a believer, whereas I was not so sure before. The other thing it does is volumize.

Most natural and sulfate free formulas I have used that claim they are for thin hair, only do a mediocre job. There are a few exceptions, but this one trumps them all. It actually does give more volume to my hair in a noticeable way, especially if I blow dry it, but it even works with a wet look which is pretty impressive.

I would definitely recommend this shampoo for anyone who prefers a sulfate free formula and still wants a great volumizer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486790831/k2311a0529/5.29.11