Loreal Color Pulse Non-Permanent Hair Color Mousse #20 Chilled Plum kit  » Health  »
  • I like Loreal and often use their traditional hair color kits
  • I bought the Color Pulse in “Chilled Plum” which is not exactly purple, but a sort of less-shocking version of plum that looks more subtle in darker hair
  • When I rinsed it off, I noticed how purple the water looked that was going down the drain and it scared me a little
  • Fortunately, once I had dried my hair and took a close look, I was happy with the result
  • I would definitely recommend this for someone who wants to spice up their hair on a temporary basis

• by reviewabit

I love to be unusual. One of my friends decided to get chunks of her hair colored purple, and I absolutely loved how it looked on her. This was an unusual thing for me, because I am normally very conservative in appearance, but I was fascinated with the reddish-purple glow the underside layers of her hair displayed, especially in the sun. She had the color done in the salon, and it was permanent.

I wanted to try it myself, but I did not know if I would like it on me or not, so I looked for a temporary product I could play around a bit with. I wondered if I could find something that was similar to her color, but a bit more subtle. I

did not want a permanent look from it, just something to have a little fun with once in awhile.

When I discovered the Loreal Color Pulse, it looked like the perfect solution. I like Loreal and often use their traditional hair color kits. I always seem to get good results from the brand.

I bought the Color Pulse in “Chilled Plum” which is not exactly purple, but a sort of less-shocking version of plum that looks more subtle in darker hair. I opened the mousse up and started to put some in my hair in sections. It comes with gloves so you don’t get your hands messy.

I was actually very pleased with the way it applied. It has a nice smell, doesn’t drip, and ...

• it is easy to tell where you have already put the color. When I rinsed it off, I noticed how purple the water looked that was going down the drain and it scared me a little.

Although this is not permanent color, it does last through eight to ten shampoos. That’s a couple of weeks with a purple head if things did not go well!

Fortunately, once I had dried my hair and took a close look, I was happy with the result. It gave a soft plum glow to my hair, and since I have natural highlights, it almost looked like a multi-faceted color on my hair.

When indoors, it was not too obvious unless you really looked close, but outdoors, when the sun hit my

hair, I got comments about how “interesting” the color was. I am still not sure if those were meant as insults or compliments, but I was happy with it and that is what counts! The color lasted about as long as it said it would. After a week, most of it was gone.

It wears out gradually, so by the time you get to the eighth shampoo, it is almost gone anyway. It is great for a bit of fun and I would use it again. It is very gentle on the hair and scalp, I didn’t have any itching or irritation at all.

It did not dry out my hair or alter the texture. I would definitely recommend this for someone who wants to spice up their hair on a temporary basis.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486780831/k2311a0529/5.29.11