Nature’s Bounty Milk Thistle Extract 1000mg 30ct
1.0
  • After a month, I had given up the milk thistle, not wanting to experience any extra nausea for a product that was producing no results
  • I think it might have worked for some people, but my poor gallbladder was too far gone at that point and just needed to come out
  • I would recommend it for a trial if you need liver or gallbladder support, but if you are just trying desperately to hold onto your gallbladder and it is making your life sheer misery, let go– you won’t regret it, I swear

• by reviewabit

When I began having pain in my right upper abdomen, I assumed it was gas. I soon experienced it so frequently that I had to visit the doctor, who determined that I had gallstones. These eventually ended with my gallbladder being removed in an emergency surgery, but when I was trying to manage the condition on my own, I tried a few things. It was the recommendation of a pharmacist I knew that led me to trying out nature’s Bounty Milk Thistle.

In addition to being a treatment for the liver and gallbladder, it also had the potential to lower blood sugar. Since I am a diabetic, this could be a particularly valuable side effect. I started taking the milk thistle, 1000mg twice a day, with meals.

I did have a

few side effects. The first obvious side effect was nausea. It was difficult to determine if it was really the milk thistle causing the nausea, or if it was actually the gallbladder condition itself.

Since I took the product with food to reduce the chance of nausea, and food can also trigger a gallbladder attack, it was impossible to know if the gallbladder was acting up because I ate something, or if the perfect timing was because I had taken the product with the meal. After a few experiments of not taking the product with food, it was pretty clear that it was the milk thistle, and I never took it without food again! There were a couple of occasions where I had some diarrhea as well, but I cannot ...

• really be sure if that was due to the product either. It became a complicated mess with the gallbladder problems, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, and fibromyalgia to top it all off, and I had started experiencing headaches for no apparent reason.

I am still not sure what that was about. I barely had a clue what was going on. The real question is whether the product was working or not.

I kept a log of my blood sugars, and I can say definitively that there were no unusual changes in the readings from when I was not taking milk thistle. As for the gallbladder, it still had as many attacks as before, and they got progressively worse. After a month, I had given up the milk thistle, not wanting to

experience any extra nausea for a product that was producing no results.

I think it might have worked for some people, but my poor gallbladder was too far gone at that point and just needed to come out. It was an awful experience– but I am so glad it was taken out. I do not miss it.

I think this product has been in use for many years and probably does have some effect on the liver. I am not so sure about blood sugar. I am not convinced on that one.

I would recommend it for a trial if you need liver or gallbladder support, but if you are just trying desperately to hold onto your gallbladder and it is making your life sheer misery, let go– you won’t regret it, I swear!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429051486760831/k2311a0529/5.29.11