Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel in Hong Kong, China  » Hotels  »
1 Sky City Road East, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau · Hong Kong, China
  • I do have to complain however of the design in the washroom
  • There was a funny incident involving some Indian guys at the bar who were looking to dance or I guess pick up attractive Asian women or stewardesses and they trying to look for them, but I guess the lame DJ did not attract any of them

• by wickeddude12

Though I only stayed here for one night, the hotel had very stylish décor. It had a blue theme going on with the couch and its pillows as well as a gold theme with the bed decoration. The furnishings seemed to be the most durable, them being the heaviest of all the hotel rooms. A sliding door for the bathroom, marble handles, and a stainless steel desk lamp added to the seriousness of the hotel.

I do have to complain however of the design in the washroom. First of all there was no door or full protection for keeping the water out of the shower. There was one glass pane that kept half of the closest side to the shower head protected, but the other side was left open. As well there was no towel rack close to

the entrance of the shower which means you might have to get out wet before you get to your towel. To be far, there is a compartment close to the sink and right by the shower that is used for storing towels, but I still find the lack of an easily-accessible towel rack a bit disappointing especially since the rest of the room receives thumbs up from me. There was also free Wi-Fi if you are a member of some sort of rewards program (which is free to join of course) which is a big plus.

The hotel advertises a DJ every night until 2 a.m. but apparently it is an iMac that plays on shuffle all night. That is not a legitimate DJ if you ask me and they should hire a real human DJ if you advertise something like ...

• that. Other than the DJ, it looked like they offered a lot of events everyday of the week which probably caters more to the clientele they receive: businesspeople. I guess they are stressed or bored of working that they need such entertainment as opposed to a resort hotel located further away from the airport. There was a funny incident involving some Indian guys at the bar who were looking to dance or I guess pick up attractive Asian women or stewardesses and they trying to look for them, but I guess the lame DJ did not attract any of them.

The hotel is also right beside a golf course and the ocean which gives a nice view whether you are looking at either one. Again, it obviously caters to businesspeople. It seemed like a pretty good course because of

the number of people playing on it in the morning. The view of the ocean was a little plain however, which was what our room was overlooking.

The bellboy who did not even look like a bellboy provided us with very great service. After we got off the complimentary shuttle, he assured us that our bags would make their way to us in our room. They did in fact do so and he also helped us get a ticket for some luggage left at the front desk for us and came back to our room a second time to drop the ticket off.

The hotel lobby and the restaurants are quite stylish with a blue theme going on once again. Lots of flight crews attend this hotel since it is an airport hotel so it was neat seeing several crews.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 227051486630531/k2311a0527/5.27.11