Mountain Cove Assisted Living nursing home  » Health  »
6330 US Highway 411, Gadsden, AL. 35901 phone -256-543-9991
  • We really felt like they were the best out of all the places we toured
  • I know this meant a lot to my mother and made her stay there that much better
  • I thought some of the gardens were breathtaking
  • I think in a way they really did love her there and treated her like part of their family
  • I would rate Mountain Cove Assisted Living 10 out of 10, because they managed to turn a very hard situation for me and my family into a positive experience

• by Dani C.

One of the hardest decisions I have ever had to come to in my life was putting one of my elderly parents into a nursing home. My father had passed away already, and my mother was all alone, and getting up there in years. We didn’t have the time to watch her like she needed, which kind of made me sad and depressed. I have learned now, that this happens to a lot of people and all you can really do is make sure they end up in a place that will take care of them and not abuse them.

After a lot of research, and a lot of recommendations and tours of nursing facilities, we settled on Mountain Cove Assisted Living in Gadsden, Alabama. We really felt like they were the best out of all the places we toured. Moving someone into a nursing home can be a really hard thing to do.

They have a lifetime of items saved in their home, and they can’t take it all with them to the nursing home.

Mountain Cove Assisted Living did a wonderful job on communicating with us on what my mother could and could not bring with her to their nursing home. What I liked the most about Mountain Cove Assisted Living, was the way they interacted with the people living there.

It wasn’t just a job to these nurses and doctors who worked there. They actually took the time to get to know their residences, and I can’t count how many times I went to visit my mother, and saw a nurse or a doctor in deep conversation with one of the residents. This meant a lot to me, because even though I did get to visit my mother quite a lot, it was really heartwarming to know she had someone to interact with when I wasn’t there to talk to.

A lot of nursing homes take in residents, and just kind of ignore everybody when it’s not a meal time or time for medications. Another great feature of Mountain Cove Assisted Living was the size of the ...

• rooms. I have been in nursing homes in the past, visiting a relative, where the rooms were so tiny, there was barely room to sit comfortably and chat with your relative.

At Mountain Cove Assisted Living, the rooms were nice and spacious and well lit. Some residents shared rooms with other residents, but you had the option to have a room to yourself, they didn’t force you to bunk with a complete stranger. Towards the end of my mother’s stay, before she died, one of her friends in life ended up moving into Mountain Cove as well, and the staff went out of their way to put the wonderful lady in the same room as my mother.

I know this meant a lot to my mother and made her stay there that much better. The outside of Mountain Cove was lovely. Really nicely landscaped so that if you relative was able, they could go for walks with you around the grounds of Mountain Cove and look at the little gardens and trees.

I thought some of

the gardens were breathtaking. They had a lot of benches to sit down on too so if you got tired while walking, you could rest. The day my mother passed was a very sad day, but I am glad to be able to tell you that all the staff at Mountain Cove Assisted Living truly missed her and comforted me and my family when we came to pick up her things.

I think in a way they really did love her there and treated her like part of their family. They were wonderful when it came to making arrangements to get her things, and with transferring her to the funeral home. I would rate Mountain Cove Assisted Living 10 out of 10, because they managed to turn a very hard situation for me and my family into a positive experience.

If you have an elderly relative, and you are looking for a nursing home that would truly take care of them, give Mountain Cove Assisted living a call. They took care of my mom and they did a wonderful job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427051486500531/k2311a0527/5.27.11