The Cottage Cheese Diet  » Health  »
0.5
  • I was randomly searching online for different diets to try when I found the Cottage Cheese Diet
  • I thought it basically ended up being a waste of my time, because it really doesn't promote any sort of follow up plan for long-term weight loss
  • I wouldn't recommend this diet for anyone
  • I'm not a nutritionist, but I know that there were definitely important nutrients missing from this diet

• by Davis Tucker

I was randomly searching online for different diets to try when I found the Cottage Cheese Diet. I’ve had difficulty in the past finding a diet that I could stick with, so I wasn’t overly hopeful, but I always leave myself open to new possibilities. I initially liked the idea of the Cottage Cheese Diet because I really like cottage cheese, and I was allowed to drink wine on the diet. Plus, it claims weight loss of up to 5 pounds in 5 days. On the other hand, the diet seemed a little strict. It requires that you follow a strict time schedule, and the

meal plan is a little sparse.

Here is the daily meal plan that I followed for 5 days:

10:00am - coffee (without sugar) and 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese 12:00pm - a tomato and an egg with some green vegetables 2:00pm - an apple or any such low carb fruit 4:00pm - 100 grams of low-fat cottage cheese with paprika plus a cucumber or any green vegetable 8:00pm - a glass of white wine

When I start something I like to follow through with my original plan, so I stuck with the Cottage Cheese Diet for the full 5 days. However, I was absolutely miserable and starving ...

• by the middle of the second day. It took everything I had to make it to the end of the fifth day.

I initially liked the fact that I could have a glass of wine every evening, but in retrospect I would have gladly traded it for more food. It was also difficult following the required time schedule. I basically had to rearrange my entire schedule around the diet. It was quite a chore sticking to the routine.

I actually managed to lose 6 pounds over the 5 day period, but I was so distracted by hunger that the result was rather anti climatic. It

only took me 3 days to gain back the 6 pounds I had lost, because all I wanted to do was eat after my 5 days of deprivation. I can confidently say that I will never try the Cottage Cheese Diet again. I thought it basically ended up being a waste of my time, because it really doesn’t promote any sort of follow up plan for long-term weight loss.

I wouldn’t recommend this diet for anyone. I’m not a nutritionist, but I know that there were definitely important nutrients missing from this diet. I thought the meal plan was extremely unsatisfying and unhealthy, and overall the Cottage Cheese Diet was just a major disappointment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425051485920531/k2311a0525/5.25.11